Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Rick Brunson, a former NBA player and the father of top 15 recruit Jalen Brunson, has been indicted on a number of charges stemming from an incident that occurred with a masseuse at a fitness center in Chicago in April.
Brunson has been charged with attempted criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse, aggravated battery and domestic battery, according to the Chicago Tribune, and has pled not guilty to all the charges.
The victim alleges that Brunson used a fake name — Patrick Ewing — to book a massage in April because months earlier she had informed Brunson that she would no longer massage him. Brunson was arrested earlier this month.
The biggest reason that this incident is newsworthy is that Brunson was reportedly set to be hired by Temple as an assistant coach, with the assumption being that bringing Rick into the program would be enough of an enticement for the Owls to land Jalen as well.
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 0
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- 2015 NBA Draft: Pat Connaughton, Montrezl Harrell headline list of second round steals 0
- Karl-Anthony Towns becomes Kentucky’s third top overall pick in program history 1
- Syracuse makes it official that Mike Hopkins will take over in 2018 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- Five-star guard to announce college choice Wednesday evening (5)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Jamal Murray’s commitment a huge boost for Kentucky (4)