Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
Rick Brunson, a former NBA player and the father of top 15 recruit Jalen Brunson, has been indicted on a number of charges stemming from an incident that occurred with a masseuse at a fitness center in Chicago in April.
Brunson has been charged with attempted criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse, aggravated battery and domestic battery, according to the Chicago Tribune, and has pled not guilty to all the charges.
The victim alleges that Brunson used a fake name — Patrick Ewing — to book a massage in April because months earlier she had informed Brunson that she would no longer massage him. Brunson was arrested earlier this month.
The biggest reason that this incident is newsworthy is that Brunson was reportedly set to be hired by Temple as an assistant coach, with the assumption being that bringing Rick into the program would be enough of an enticement for the Owls to land Jalen as well.
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)