Jul 31, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
Rick Brunson, a former NBA player and the father of top 15 recruit Jalen Brunson, has been indicted on a number of charges stemming from an incident that occurred with a masseuse at a fitness center in Chicago in April.
Brunson has been charged with attempted criminal sexual assault, criminal sexual abuse, aggravated battery and domestic battery, according to the Chicago Tribune, and has pled not guilty to all the charges.
The victim alleges that Brunson used a fake name — Patrick Ewing — to book a massage in April because months earlier she had informed Brunson that she would no longer massage him. Brunson was arrested earlier this month.
The biggest reason that this incident is newsworthy is that Brunson was reportedly set to be hired by Temple as an assistant coach, with the assumption being that bringing Rick into the program would be enough of an enticement for the Owls to land Jalen as well.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Is adidas giving their basketball programs throwback jerseys? (PHOTOS) (3)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)