Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
With College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik serving a suspension after written allegations of physical and verbal abuse from his players, the school will reportedly turn to new assistant coach Antonio Reynolds Dean as the interim head coach.
The interesting part of this story is that Reynolds Dean was hired as an assistant coach at the CAA school on June 9th after spending time previously as an assistant at Northeastern. According to WCIV’s Daren Stoltzfus, Reynolds Dean had no knowledge of the abuse allegations when he took the job.
Although College of Charleston assistants Ryan Freeberg and Joe Wallace have been with the program longer than Reynolds Dean, players on the team may feel as though they can’t trust either of those two coaches being in charge if those same coaches also let Wojik allegedly abuse them while they worked for him.
With Reynolds Dean, it’s a clean slate since he hasn’t worked under Wojcik very long and wasn’t apart of the abuse allegations in question.
No decision has been made on Wojcik’s future with the College of Charleston outside of the suspension.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)