Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
With College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik serving a suspension after written allegations of physical and verbal abuse from his players, the school will reportedly turn to new assistant coach Antonio Reynolds Dean as the interim head coach.
The interesting part of this story is that Reynolds Dean was hired as an assistant coach at the CAA school on June 9th after spending time previously as an assistant at Northeastern. According to WCIV’s Daren Stoltzfus, Reynolds Dean had no knowledge of the abuse allegations when he took the job.
Although College of Charleston assistants Ryan Freeberg and Joe Wallace have been with the program longer than Reynolds Dean, players on the team may feel as though they can’t trust either of those two coaches being in charge if those same coaches also let Wojik allegedly abuse them while they worked for him.
With Reynolds Dean, it’s a clean slate since he hasn’t worked under Wojcik very long and wasn’t apart of the abuse allegations in question.
No decision has been made on Wojcik’s future with the College of Charleston outside of the suspension.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 2
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)