Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
With College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik serving a suspension after written allegations of physical and verbal abuse from his players, the school will reportedly turn to new assistant coach Antonio Reynolds Dean as the interim head coach.
The interesting part of this story is that Reynolds Dean was hired as an assistant coach at the CAA school on June 9th after spending time previously as an assistant at Northeastern. According to WCIV’s Daren Stoltzfus, Reynolds Dean had no knowledge of the abuse allegations when he took the job.
Although College of Charleston assistants Ryan Freeberg and Joe Wallace have been with the program longer than Reynolds Dean, players on the team may feel as though they can’t trust either of those two coaches being in charge if those same coaches also let Wojik allegedly abuse them while they worked for him.
With Reynolds Dean, it’s a clean slate since he hasn’t worked under Wojcik very long and wasn’t apart of the abuse allegations in question.
No decision has been made on Wojcik’s future with the College of Charleston outside of the suspension.
- Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)