Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
With College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik serving a suspension after written allegations of physical and verbal abuse from his players, the school will reportedly turn to new assistant coach Antonio Reynolds Dean as the interim head coach.
The interesting part of this story is that Reynolds Dean was hired as an assistant coach at the CAA school on June 9th after spending time previously as an assistant at Northeastern. According to WCIV’s Daren Stoltzfus, Reynolds Dean had no knowledge of the abuse allegations when he took the job.
Although College of Charleston assistants Ryan Freeberg and Joe Wallace have been with the program longer than Reynolds Dean, players on the team may feel as though they can’t trust either of those two coaches being in charge if those same coaches also let Wojik allegedly abuse them while they worked for him.
With Reynolds Dean, it’s a clean slate since he hasn’t worked under Wojcik very long and wasn’t apart of the abuse allegations in question.
No decision has been made on Wojcik’s future with the College of Charleston outside of the suspension.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)