Aug 1, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
With College of Charleston head coach Doug Wojcik serving a suspension after written allegations of physical and verbal abuse from his players, the school will reportedly turn to new assistant coach Antonio Reynolds Dean as the interim head coach.
The interesting part of this story is that Reynolds Dean was hired as an assistant coach at the CAA school on June 9th after spending time previously as an assistant at Northeastern. According to WCIV’s Daren Stoltzfus, Reynolds Dean had no knowledge of the abuse allegations when he took the job.
Although College of Charleston assistants Ryan Freeberg and Joe Wallace have been with the program longer than Reynolds Dean, players on the team may feel as though they can’t trust either of those two coaches being in charge if those same coaches also let Wojik allegedly abuse them while they worked for him.
With Reynolds Dean, it’s a clean slate since he hasn’t worked under Wojcik very long and wasn’t apart of the abuse allegations in question.
No decision has been made on Wojcik’s future with the College of Charleston outside of the suspension.
- Bubble Banter: Whose tournament hopes are on the line on Tuesday night? 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: It’s Frank Kaminsky’s award to win 1
- Ohio Valley Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations 10
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 3
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 20
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (20)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)