Aug 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Oklahoma State is expected to lose a transfer as ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman reported that 6-foot-10 junior center Gary Gaskins is expected to seek his release and transfer from the program.
A former junior college big man, who also spent some time in the military, Gaskins could be eligible right away, according to Goodman.
Gaskins only played 34 minutes last season for Oklahoma State, as he scored nine points and grabbed 15 rebounds for the entire season.
Losing Gaskins isn’t really a big deal for Oklahoma State, since he barely got any burn last season, but it’s always interesting to see which teams will recruit a 6-foot-10 transfer with the school year beginning shortly.
There could be a market of high-major programs that pursue Gaskins to add another big body to the roster and Goodman reported that Tennessee, Nebraska, Georgia Tech and Temple could all be involved once Gaskins receives his release.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)