Aug 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Oklahoma State is expected to lose a transfer as ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman reported that 6-foot-10 junior center Gary Gaskins is expected to seek his release and transfer from the program.
A former junior college big man, who also spent some time in the military, Gaskins could be eligible right away, according to Goodman.
Gaskins only played 34 minutes last season for Oklahoma State, as he scored nine points and grabbed 15 rebounds for the entire season.
Losing Gaskins isn’t really a big deal for Oklahoma State, since he barely got any burn last season, but it’s always interesting to see which teams will recruit a 6-foot-10 transfer with the school year beginning shortly.
There could be a market of high-major programs that pursue Gaskins to add another big body to the roster and Goodman reported that Tennessee, Nebraska, Georgia Tech and Temple could all be involved once Gaskins receives his release.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2008? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- South Carolina coach Frank Martin releases statement, asks for confederate flag removal (3)
- UCLA lands four-star center, second 2017 commitment (3)
- So what happened to the chair Bobby Knight threw in 1985? (3)
- Flooding from storm damages Denver’s practice floor (PHOTOS) (3)