Aug 1, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Oklahoma State is expected to lose a transfer as ESPN‘s Jeff Goodman reported that 6-foot-10 junior center Gary Gaskins is expected to seek his release and transfer from the program.
A former junior college big man, who also spent some time in the military, Gaskins could be eligible right away, according to Goodman.
Gaskins only played 34 minutes last season for Oklahoma State, as he scored nine points and grabbed 15 rebounds for the entire season.
Losing Gaskins isn’t really a big deal for Oklahoma State, since he barely got any burn last season, but it’s always interesting to see which teams will recruit a 6-foot-10 transfer with the school year beginning shortly.
There could be a market of high-major programs that pursue Gaskins to add another big body to the roster and Goodman reported that Tennessee, Nebraska, Georgia Tech and Temple could all be involved once Gaskins receives his release.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)