Aug 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Purdue picked up a local point guard on Saturday night as 6-foot-3 guard Grant Weatherford pledged to the Boilermakers.
Things moved quickly in the Weatherford recruitment to Purdue. The Hamilton Heights guard took an unofficial visit to Purdue on Saturday and received a scholarship offer from the school before committing later in the evening.
Some have compared Weatherford to former Boilermaker Chris Kramer after Weatherford had a strong July with Indiana Elite. Although not a talented offensive player, Weatherford is known for his toughness and is known as a pest on the defensive end.
Also a football player, Weatherford had an offer from Ohio in both football and basketball and it wouldn’t be out of the question — or a surprise — if he tried to make the football team at Purdue as well.
But for now, Weatherford will stick to the hardwood and he joins Indiana Elite teammate Ryan Cline in Purdue’s 2015 class. The backcourt duo helped lead Indiana Elite to titles at the adidas Invitational and the adidas Super 64 in July.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)