Aug 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Purdue picked up a local point guard on Saturday night as 6-foot-3 guard Grant Weatherford pledged to the Boilermakers.
Things moved quickly in the Weatherford recruitment to Purdue. The Hamilton Heights guard took an unofficial visit to Purdue on Saturday and received a scholarship offer from the school before committing later in the evening.
Some have compared Weatherford to former Boilermaker Chris Kramer after Weatherford had a strong July with Indiana Elite. Although not a talented offensive player, Weatherford is known for his toughness and is known as a pest on the defensive end.
Also a football player, Weatherford had an offer from Ohio in both football and basketball and it wouldn’t be out of the question — or a surprise — if he tried to make the football team at Purdue as well.
But for now, Weatherford will stick to the hardwood and he joins Indiana Elite teammate Ryan Cline in Purdue’s 2015 class. The backcourt duo helped lead Indiana Elite to titles at the adidas Invitational and the adidas Super 64 in July.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)