Aug 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Purdue picked up a local point guard on Saturday night as 6-foot-3 guard Grant Weatherford pledged to the Boilermakers.
Things moved quickly in the Weatherford recruitment to Purdue. The Hamilton Heights guard took an unofficial visit to Purdue on Saturday and received a scholarship offer from the school before committing later in the evening.
Some have compared Weatherford to former Boilermaker Chris Kramer after Weatherford had a strong July with Indiana Elite. Although not a talented offensive player, Weatherford is known for his toughness and is known as a pest on the defensive end.
Also a football player, Weatherford had an offer from Ohio in both football and basketball and it wouldn’t be out of the question — or a surprise — if he tried to make the football team at Purdue as well.
But for now, Weatherford will stick to the hardwood and he joins Indiana Elite teammate Ryan Cline in Purdue’s 2015 class. The backcourt duo helped lead Indiana Elite to titles at the adidas Invitational and the adidas Super 64 in July.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)