Aug 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Purdue picked up a local point guard on Saturday night as 6-foot-3 guard Grant Weatherford pledged to the Boilermakers.
Things moved quickly in the Weatherford recruitment to Purdue. The Hamilton Heights guard took an unofficial visit to Purdue on Saturday and received a scholarship offer from the school before committing later in the evening.
Some have compared Weatherford to former Boilermaker Chris Kramer after Weatherford had a strong July with Indiana Elite. Although not a talented offensive player, Weatherford is known for his toughness and is known as a pest on the defensive end.
Also a football player, Weatherford had an offer from Ohio in both football and basketball and it wouldn’t be out of the question — or a surprise — if he tried to make the football team at Purdue as well.
But for now, Weatherford will stick to the hardwood and he joins Indiana Elite teammate Ryan Cline in Purdue’s 2015 class. The backcourt duo helped lead Indiana Elite to titles at the adidas Invitational and the adidas Super 64 in July.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 0
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 1
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Georgetown discusses becoming first college basketball team to wear ‘I Can’t Breathe’ T-shirts (PHOTO) (9)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)