Aug 2, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Purdue picked up a local point guard on Saturday night as 6-foot-3 guard Grant Weatherford pledged to the Boilermakers.
Things moved quickly in the Weatherford recruitment to Purdue. The Hamilton Heights guard took an unofficial visit to Purdue on Saturday and received a scholarship offer from the school before committing later in the evening.
Some have compared Weatherford to former Boilermaker Chris Kramer after Weatherford had a strong July with Indiana Elite. Although not a talented offensive player, Weatherford is known for his toughness and is known as a pest on the defensive end.
Also a football player, Weatherford had an offer from Ohio in both football and basketball and it wouldn’t be out of the question — or a surprise — if he tried to make the football team at Purdue as well.
But for now, Weatherford will stick to the hardwood and he joins Indiana Elite teammate Ryan Cline in Purdue’s 2015 class. The backcourt duo helped lead Indiana Elite to titles at the adidas Invitational and the adidas Super 64 in July.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Frank Haith lands first commitment as head coach at Tulsa (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)