Aug 2, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
St. Joseph’s started its 2015 recruiting efforts with a local commitment on Friday afternoon as three-star guard LaMarr Kimble pledged to stay home and play for the Hawks.
A 6-foot point guard from Neumann-Goretti High School and Team Final, Kimble played for two very reputable programs and gives St. Joseph’s a nice local addition to their backcourt.
Kimble announced his decision on Twitter and also mentioned that staying in Philadelphia meant a lot to him when making a decision.
The Hawks should be able to pair Kimble together with incoming-freshman guard Shavar Newkirk to form a nice duo of guards that can handle the ball.
Kimble is coming off of a really good July in which he tied for the Peach Jam lead in assists per game at 6.6 dimes per game. Kimble averaged 4.6 assists per game in 21 EYBL games this spring and summer to go along with 8.1 points and 3 rebounds a game.
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Kentucky-commit Jamal Murray scores 20 to headline Wednesday’s Pan-Am Games 0
- July Live Period Preview: Four story lines to follow from Las Vegas 0
- July Live Period Preview: The events to keep an eye on in Vegas this week 0
- Contender for No. 1 in 2016 class, Harry Giles, cuts list to five 10
- Drake committed an NCAA violation while at Kentucky’s Big Blue Madness (11)
- Maryland fans still hate Mike Krzyzewski (8)
- List for potential nicknames for North Dakota down to five (8)
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Are college teams going to be available on NBA 2K? (3)