Aug 3, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
Five-star shooting guard Allonzo Trier has committed to Sean Miller and Arizona on Sunday morning, according to multiple reports.
The 6-foot-4 Trier is rated as the No. 12 overall player in the Class of 2015, by Rivals. He is the third five-star recruit to commit to the Wildcats, joining guard Justin Simon and wing Ray Smith. That class will also include Boston College transfer Ryan Anderson, who will use his last season of eligibility during the 2015-2016 season.
Trier has been in the spotlight since he was 13-years-old, appearing on the cover of New York Times Magazine. The phenom turned into the top scorer in the Nike EYBL this summer. During the Peach Jam, he averaged 30.8 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game for his team, Athletes First. Earlier in the summer he was the starting guard for USA Basketball U18 team, which won gold in the FIBA Americas Championships. Miller was one of Billy Donovan’s assistants on that coaching staff.
Since 2011, Miller has landed 10 five-star commits, according to Rivals. This current class could end up being an important one for his program. Wings Stanley Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson are projected first rounders in early mock drafts. Kaleb Tarczewski and Brandon Ashley are pegged as second round picks. Point guard T.J. McConnell is also a senior.
Trier will play for powerhouse Findlay Prep (Nevada) this upcoming season.
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 0
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- UConn lands former Seton Hall guard Sterling Gibbs, eligible immediately 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- NCAA rules committee proposes 30-second shot clock, fewer timeouts (5)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (4)