Aug 3, 2014, 11:36 AM EDT
Five-star shooting guard Allonzo Trier has committed to Sean Miller and Arizona on Sunday morning, according to multiple reports.
The 6-foot-4 Trier is rated as the No. 12 overall player in the Class of 2015, by Rivals. He is the third five-star recruit to commit to the Wildcats, joining guard Justin Simon and wing Ray Smith. That class will also include Boston College transfer Ryan Anderson, who will use his last season of eligibility during the 2015-2016 season.
Trier has been in the spotlight since he was 13-years-old, appearing on the cover of New York Times Magazine. The phenom turned into the top scorer in the Nike EYBL this summer. During the Peach Jam, he averaged 30.8 points, 4.8 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game for his team, Athletes First. Earlier in the summer he was the starting guard for USA Basketball U18 team, which won gold in the FIBA Americas Championships. Miller was one of Billy Donovan’s assistants on that coaching staff.
Since 2011, Miller has landed 10 five-star commits, according to Rivals. This current class could end up being an important one for his program. Wings Stanley Johnson and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson are projected first rounders in early mock drafts. Kaleb Tarczewski and Brandon Ashley are pegged as second round picks. Point guard T.J. McConnell is also a senior.
Trier will play for powerhouse Findlay Prep (Nevada) this upcoming season.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)