Aug 3, 2014, 2:45 PM EST
Only three days into August, and Phil Martelli has added two players to his Class of 2015.
On Sunday, Saint Joseph’s Prep shooting guard Chris Clover became the second Philadelphia product in as many days to commit to St. Joe’s. LaMarr Kimble, a three-star point guard from Neumann-Goretti High, pledged to the Hawks. Matt Gifford of HawkHillHardwood.com first reported the news.
“I think it’s a good fit for him,” Kamal Yard, the director of Philly Pride, told Josh Verlin of CityofBasketballLove.com. “I think Saint Joseph’s has recruited him pretty hard as well as all of the other Big 5 schools. I think he just felt a connection to St. Joe’s more than the other schools.”
The 6-foot-4 Clover spent the summer playing on the Under Armour Association circuit. He led Philly Pride into the Under Armour Finals during the second week of the July live period. He averaged 15.0 points in five games, shooting at at 59 percent clip from the field and 47 percent from behind the arc. Despite dropping the first two contests to The City from New York and the New England Playaz, Clover had his biggest scoring numbers with 19 and 25, respectively.
Saint Joseph’s won the Atlantic 10 Tournament title this past March, and despite losing three of its top three scorers, the Hawks have young talent in incoming freshman guard Shavar Newkirk and A10 Co-Rookie of the Year DeAndre Bembry.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 0
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)