Aug 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
Damontrae Jefferson, better known as Trae, is a bit of a polarizing recruit.
He’s ranked in the top 50 by Rivals, but other scouting websites list him as a three-star prospect and he’s currently collecting offers from Atlantic 10 and Conference USA schools instead of ACC and Big Ten programs.
Well, Jefferson is just 5-foot-7, and while he’s quick and a nightmare to try to stay in front of, he tends to be more impressive on a mixtape than he does in person. His penchant for flashy play is reminiscent of Aquille Carr, the 5-foot-6 Baltimore-native and mixtape star that is currently bouncing around the netherworlds of pro basketball.
Whether or not that happens to Jefferson remains to be seen. For now, just appreciate how nasty he can be in a high school, AAU and camp setting.
- New Year’s Resolutions: Illinois Fighting Illini 0
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)