Aug 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Damontrae Jefferson, better known as Trae, is a bit of a polarizing recruit.
He’s ranked in the top 50 by Rivals, but other scouting websites list him as a three-star prospect and he’s currently collecting offers from Atlantic 10 and Conference USA schools instead of ACC and Big Ten programs.
Well, Jefferson is just 5-foot-7, and while he’s quick and a nightmare to try to stay in front of, he tends to be more impressive on a mixtape than he does in person. His penchant for flashy play is reminiscent of Aquille Carr, the 5-foot-6 Baltimore-native and mixtape star that is currently bouncing around the netherworlds of pro basketball.
Whether or not that happens to Jefferson remains to be seen. For now, just appreciate how nasty he can be in a high school, AAU and camp setting.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)