Aug 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Damontrae Jefferson, better known as Trae, is a bit of a polarizing recruit.
He’s ranked in the top 50 by Rivals, but other scouting websites list him as a three-star prospect and he’s currently collecting offers from Atlantic 10 and Conference USA schools instead of ACC and Big Ten programs.
Well, Jefferson is just 5-foot-7, and while he’s quick and a nightmare to try to stay in front of, he tends to be more impressive on a mixtape than he does in person. His penchant for flashy play is reminiscent of Aquille Carr, the 5-foot-6 Baltimore-native and mixtape star that is currently bouncing around the netherworlds of pro basketball.
Whether or not that happens to Jefferson remains to be seen. For now, just appreciate how nasty he can be in a high school, AAU and camp setting.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)