Aug 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
Damontrae Jefferson, better known as Trae, is a bit of a polarizing recruit.
He’s ranked in the top 50 by Rivals, but other scouting websites list him as a three-star prospect and he’s currently collecting offers from Atlantic 10 and Conference USA schools instead of ACC and Big Ten programs.
Well, Jefferson is just 5-foot-7, and while he’s quick and a nightmare to try to stay in front of, he tends to be more impressive on a mixtape than he does in person. His penchant for flashy play is reminiscent of Aquille Carr, the 5-foot-6 Baltimore-native and mixtape star that is currently bouncing around the netherworlds of pro basketball.
Whether or not that happens to Jefferson remains to be seen. For now, just appreciate how nasty he can be in a high school, AAU and camp setting.
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 0
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)