Aug 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
Damontrae Jefferson, better known as Trae, is a bit of a polarizing recruit.
He’s ranked in the top 50 by Rivals, but other scouting websites list him as a three-star prospect and he’s currently collecting offers from Atlantic 10 and Conference USA schools instead of ACC and Big Ten programs.
Well, Jefferson is just 5-foot-7, and while he’s quick and a nightmare to try to stay in front of, he tends to be more impressive on a mixtape than he does in person. His penchant for flashy play is reminiscent of Aquille Carr, the 5-foot-6 Baltimore-native and mixtape star that is currently bouncing around the netherworlds of pro basketball.
Whether or not that happens to Jefferson remains to be seen. For now, just appreciate how nasty he can be in a high school, AAU and camp setting.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)