Aug 4, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Over the weekend, Michigan State redshirt sophomore Kenny Kaminski tweeted out that that he was leaving the program.
On Monday, Tom Izzo put out a statement that in no uncertain terms made it clear that he was in fact dismissed from the program.
“Despite multiple opportunities, Kenny Kaminski could not live up to the obligations necessary to be a part of our program,” Izzo said. “Being a Spartan is a special opportunity, and at Michigan State we do everything we can to provide an amazing experience for our student-athletes. With that privilege also comes a responsibility to conduct oneself in a certain manner. After he repeatedly failed to meet the necessary obligations, it became apparent that it was time to dismiss Kenny from the program.”
“Although this is disappointing, it is just a minor setback as we are coming off one of the best summers in recent years. I remain excited about the prospects of our team moving forward. We have a group of individuals dedicated to a common goal and they are willing to do whatever it takes to reach their lofty standards, and ready to push each other to be the best they can be.”
Kaminski averaged 4.9 points in 12.2 minutes last season. The 6-foot-8 forward shot 49.4% from three, but he was twice suspended from the team for academic reasons.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)