Aug 4, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Over the weekend, Michigan State redshirt sophomore Kenny Kaminski tweeted out that that he was leaving the program.
On Monday, Tom Izzo put out a statement that in no uncertain terms made it clear that he was in fact dismissed from the program.
“Despite multiple opportunities, Kenny Kaminski could not live up to the obligations necessary to be a part of our program,” Izzo said. “Being a Spartan is a special opportunity, and at Michigan State we do everything we can to provide an amazing experience for our student-athletes. With that privilege also comes a responsibility to conduct oneself in a certain manner. After he repeatedly failed to meet the necessary obligations, it became apparent that it was time to dismiss Kenny from the program.”
“Although this is disappointing, it is just a minor setback as we are coming off one of the best summers in recent years. I remain excited about the prospects of our team moving forward. We have a group of individuals dedicated to a common goal and they are willing to do whatever it takes to reach their lofty standards, and ready to push each other to be the best they can be.”
Kaminski averaged 4.9 points in 12.2 minutes last season. The 6-foot-8 forward shot 49.4% from three, but he was twice suspended from the team for academic reasons.
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 31
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)