Aug 4, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Over the weekend, Michigan State redshirt sophomore Kenny Kaminski tweeted out that that he was leaving the program.
On Monday, Tom Izzo put out a statement that in no uncertain terms made it clear that he was in fact dismissed from the program.
“Despite multiple opportunities, Kenny Kaminski could not live up to the obligations necessary to be a part of our program,” Izzo said. “Being a Spartan is a special opportunity, and at Michigan State we do everything we can to provide an amazing experience for our student-athletes. With that privilege also comes a responsibility to conduct oneself in a certain manner. After he repeatedly failed to meet the necessary obligations, it became apparent that it was time to dismiss Kenny from the program.”
“Although this is disappointing, it is just a minor setback as we are coming off one of the best summers in recent years. I remain excited about the prospects of our team moving forward. We have a group of individuals dedicated to a common goal and they are willing to do whatever it takes to reach their lofty standards, and ready to push each other to be the best they can be.”
Kaminski averaged 4.9 points in 12.2 minutes last season. The 6-foot-8 forward shot 49.4% from three, but he was twice suspended from the team for academic reasons.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)