Aug 4, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Over the weekend, Michigan State redshirt sophomore Kenny Kaminski tweeted out that that he was leaving the program.
On Monday, Tom Izzo put out a statement that in no uncertain terms made it clear that he was in fact dismissed from the program.
“Despite multiple opportunities, Kenny Kaminski could not live up to the obligations necessary to be a part of our program,” Izzo said. “Being a Spartan is a special opportunity, and at Michigan State we do everything we can to provide an amazing experience for our student-athletes. With that privilege also comes a responsibility to conduct oneself in a certain manner. After he repeatedly failed to meet the necessary obligations, it became apparent that it was time to dismiss Kenny from the program.”
“Although this is disappointing, it is just a minor setback as we are coming off one of the best summers in recent years. I remain excited about the prospects of our team moving forward. We have a group of individuals dedicated to a common goal and they are willing to do whatever it takes to reach their lofty standards, and ready to push each other to be the best they can be.”
Kaminski averaged 4.9 points in 12.2 minutes last season. The 6-foot-8 forward shot 49.4% from three, but he was twice suspended from the team for academic reasons.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)
- Wichita State guard Conner Frankamp arrested on Saturday night (4)