Aug 4, 2014, 10:02 AM EDT
USC’s front court depth got that much weaker over the weekend as incoming freshman Jabari Craig was ruled a partial qualifier and ineligible for the upcoming season.
He will enroll in Junior College instead, according to reports.
Craig was a 6-foot-10 product of Fishburne Military Academy (Va.) and rated a three-star recruit by Rivals. He was one of two front court players in a promising but not overwhelming first recruiting class for Andy Enfield with the Trojans.
USC is going to be in a tough spot this season, as they lost their top four scorers from last year’s team that finished 2-16 in the Pac-12. UNLV transfer Katin Reinhardt will be eligible this season, and Enfield did land four-star recruits Elijah Stewart and Jordan McLaughlin, as well as Malik Price-Martin, but that’s not going to be enough to make USC relevant in the league race this year.
Without Craig, Enfield will once again rely heavily on a pair of Serbian big men, Nikola Jovanovic and Strahinja Gavrilovic.
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- College basketball’s eight most important NBA Draft decisions 2
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 8
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 10
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft 11
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (10)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (8)
- 6-foot-11 center Antonio Vrankovic commits to Duke (6)