Aug 4, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Shane Hammink is headed to the Hoosier State.
On Monday afternoon, Valparaiso head coach Bryce Drew announced that the Crusaders had signed the LSU-transfer and Dutch national to the program.
“Shane will be a great addition to our university and basketball program,” said Drew. “He is a left-handed perimeter player who has very good skills with the ball. He also uses his size very well to rebound and pass. His playing experience overseas should be very beneficial for when he arrives on campus this fall.”
Hammink played two seasons in Baton Rouge, but never earned much playing time. He’s a 6-foot-7 left-hander that averaged 10.9 points and 6.0 boards for the Netherlands in the Division B European championships. He’s currently with the Dutch senior national team.
Hammink has two years of eligibility remaining, and Valpo is currently seeking a waiver that may allow him to be eligible immediately.
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)