Aug 4, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Shane Hammink is headed to the Hoosier State.
On Monday afternoon, Valparaiso head coach Bryce Drew announced that the Crusaders had signed the LSU-transfer and Dutch national to the program.
“Shane will be a great addition to our university and basketball program,” said Drew. “He is a left-handed perimeter player who has very good skills with the ball. He also uses his size very well to rebound and pass. His playing experience overseas should be very beneficial for when he arrives on campus this fall.”
Hammink played two seasons in Baton Rouge, but never earned much playing time. He’s a 6-foot-7 left-hander that averaged 10.9 points and 6.0 boards for the Netherlands in the Division B European championships. He’s currently with the Dutch senior national team.
Hammink has two years of eligibility remaining, and Valpo is currently seeking a waiver that may allow him to be eligible immediately.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 0
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)