Aug 4, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Shane Hammink is headed to the Hoosier State.
On Monday afternoon, Valparaiso head coach Bryce Drew announced that the Crusaders had signed the LSU-transfer and Dutch national to the program.
“Shane will be a great addition to our university and basketball program,” said Drew. “He is a left-handed perimeter player who has very good skills with the ball. He also uses his size very well to rebound and pass. His playing experience overseas should be very beneficial for when he arrives on campus this fall.”
Hammink played two seasons in Baton Rouge, but never earned much playing time. He’s a 6-foot-7 left-hander that averaged 10.9 points and 6.0 boards for the Netherlands in the Division B European championships. He’s currently with the Dutch senior national team.
Hammink has two years of eligibility remaining, and Valpo is currently seeking a waiver that may allow him to be eligible immediately.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)