Aug 5, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Roselle Catholic High and New Jersey Playaz lead guard Isaiah Briscoe is down to five schools.
The 6-foot-3 Briscoe announced that Arizona, Rutgers, Seton Hall, St. John’s and Villanova were his five finalists in a 17-minute, sit-down interview with The Basketball Diary, which was uploaded to YouTube on Monday.
Despite having commitments from fellow five-star guards Justin Simon and Allonzo Trier, who made his decision the same day this video was shot, Arizona is still in contention for the New Jersey native. However, George Briscoe, has hopes his son stays on the east coast.
“We want the kid staying home,” George Briscoe told Jeremy Schneider of NJ.com on Tuesday. “That’s just my opinion. I’m not saying Isaiah will, he may to go Arizona. I don’t know. It’s his choice.
“He wants to see how Seton Hall and Rutgers, he wants to see how those teams do and how he’d fit in with their offense. So we’re going to be going to the games.”
Briscoe will have plenty of time to mull over the decision, as he said in his interview with The Basketball Diary that he plans on signing in the spring.
The five-star guard has had an impressive summer. In June, he was part of the USA Basketball U18 team that won gold at the FIBA Amercias Championships. During the July live period, he led the New Jersey Playaz to the Nike EYBL Peach Jam title, averaging 21.2 points during the course of the spring and summer.
Briscoe is currently the No. 13 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0