Aug 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Ray Kasongo, the 2014 power forward, is looking at three schools after being forced the reopen his recruitment last week. On Wednesday, the 6-foot-9 commit was denied admission to the University of Oregon.
He had committed to the Ducks over UConn in October.
Back on the market, Kasongo has heard from multiple teams, but he told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv that he keeping his list short, considering Cal, Kansas and Memphis.
“I’m supposed to go there [Kansas] this Friday and visit with my parents,” he told Zagoria. “I’m supposed to visit California and Memphis next week.”
Despite losing Joel Embiid and Andrew Wiggins, the Jayhawks have top-5 talent with returners Wayne Selden and Perry Ellis joined by another high-profile recruiting class. Top commit Cliff Alexander will team up with Ellis, KU’s second leading scorer last season, in the Jayhawks front court. Cuonzo Martin left Tennessee in April for Cal, bringing 7-foot-1 incoming freshman center Kingsley Okoroh with him, half of the two-man recruiting class for the Golden Bears. Memphis has lost four pieces on the perimeter, but has Shaq Goodwin and Austin Nichols back on the frontline.
Kasongo is listed as three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)