Aug 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Ray Kasongo, the 2014 power forward, is looking at three schools after being forced the reopen his recruitment last week. On Wednesday, the 6-foot-9 commit was denied admission to the University of Oregon.
He had committed to the Ducks over UConn in October.
Back on the market, Kasongo has heard from multiple teams, but he told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv that he keeping his list short, considering Cal, Kansas and Memphis.
“I’m supposed to go there [Kansas] this Friday and visit with my parents,” he told Zagoria. “I’m supposed to visit California and Memphis next week.”
Despite losing Joel Embiid and Andrew Wiggins, the Jayhawks have top-5 talent with returners Wayne Selden and Perry Ellis joined by another high-profile recruiting class. Top commit Cliff Alexander will team up with Ellis, KU’s second leading scorer last season, in the Jayhawks front court. Cuonzo Martin left Tennessee in April for Cal, bringing 7-foot-1 incoming freshman center Kingsley Okoroh with him, half of the two-man recruiting class for the Golden Bears. Memphis has lost four pieces on the perimeter, but has Shaq Goodwin and Austin Nichols back on the frontline.
Kasongo is listed as three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? 5
- Bubble Banter: Oregon lands a key win, but Purdue, Stanford and Pitt lose 0
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 5
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 4
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (14)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)