Aug 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Ray Kasongo, the 2014 power forward, is looking at three schools after being forced the reopen his recruitment last week. On Wednesday, the 6-foot-9 commit was denied admission to the University of Oregon.
He had committed to the Ducks over UConn in October.
Back on the market, Kasongo has heard from multiple teams, but he told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv that he keeping his list short, considering Cal, Kansas and Memphis.
“I’m supposed to go there [Kansas] this Friday and visit with my parents,” he told Zagoria. “I’m supposed to visit California and Memphis next week.”
Despite losing Joel Embiid and Andrew Wiggins, the Jayhawks have top-5 talent with returners Wayne Selden and Perry Ellis joined by another high-profile recruiting class. Top commit Cliff Alexander will team up with Ellis, KU’s second leading scorer last season, in the Jayhawks front court. Cuonzo Martin left Tennessee in April for Cal, bringing 7-foot-1 incoming freshman center Kingsley Okoroh with him, half of the two-man recruiting class for the Golden Bears. Memphis has lost four pieces on the perimeter, but has Shaq Goodwin and Austin Nichols back on the frontline.
Kasongo is listed as three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)