Aug 5, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
Ray Kasongo, the 2014 power forward, is looking at three schools after being forced the reopen his recruitment last week. On Wednesday, the 6-foot-9 commit was denied admission to the University of Oregon.
He had committed to the Ducks over UConn in October.
Back on the market, Kasongo has heard from multiple teams, but he told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv that he keeping his list short, considering Cal, Kansas and Memphis.
“I’m supposed to go there [Kansas] this Friday and visit with my parents,” he told Zagoria. “I’m supposed to visit California and Memphis next week.”
Despite losing Joel Embiid and Andrew Wiggins, the Jayhawks have top-5 talent with returners Wayne Selden and Perry Ellis joined by another high-profile recruiting class. Top commit Cliff Alexander will team up with Ellis, KU’s second leading scorer last season, in the Jayhawks front court. Cuonzo Martin left Tennessee in April for Cal, bringing 7-foot-1 incoming freshman center Kingsley Okoroh with him, half of the two-man recruiting class for the Golden Bears. Memphis has lost four pieces on the perimeter, but has Shaq Goodwin and Austin Nichols back on the frontline.
Kasongo is listed as three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)