Aug 6, 2014, 2:15 PM EST
Antwan Scott is on the move again.
Scott, a 6-foot-1 point guard that averaged 15.7 points, 4.5 boards and 3.7 assists while shooting 39.2% from three last season for Grambling, is transferring out of the program, according to a report. Scott will be eligible immediately pending a graduate transfer waiver from the NCAA.
Scott spent two seasons at a Junior College in Texas before transferring to Idaho, but he left the Vandals without playing a minute to be closer to his ailing mother, who passed away last fall. As this story details, Scott was also close to former Grambling coach Joseph Price, who was let go after this past season.
“I just feel like if I want to have a chance to play at the next level and play professionally, I need to be somewhere where I can excel my senior year, and not just excel but win,” Scott told Gannett Louisiana back in July. “I’ve been on enough of a roller coaster that I just want to be consistent somewhere.”
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 12
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 5
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (12)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)