Aug 6, 2014, 3:30 PM EST
East Tennessee State landed themselves a major piece for the future as Indiana transfer Peter Jurkin committed to the Pirates.
Jurkin is a seven-foot native of Sudan that spent two seasons playing with the Hoosiers, although playing may be a bit too friendly. Jurkin saw 18 minutes of action in two years, scoring a grand total of two points in his career. A lot of that had to do with injuries, but given the amount of depth that Indiana was returning on their front line, Jurkin’s minutes weren’t likely to change this season.
ETSU is a traditionally strong program that will return to play in the Southern Conference. The Bucs won 19 games last season.
Jurkin will be eligible to play in the 2015-2016 season. He’ll have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)