Aug 6, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
East Tennessee State landed themselves a major piece for the future as Indiana transfer Peter Jurkin committed to the Pirates.
Jurkin is a seven-foot native of Sudan that spent two seasons playing with the Hoosiers, although playing may be a bit too friendly. Jurkin saw 18 minutes of action in two years, scoring a grand total of two points in his career. A lot of that had to do with injuries, but given the amount of depth that Indiana was returning on their front line, Jurkin’s minutes weren’t likely to change this season.
ETSU is a traditionally strong program that will return to play in the Southern Conference. The Bucs won 19 games last season.
Jurkin will be eligible to play in the 2015-2016 season. He’ll have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 0
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)