Aug 6, 2014, 3:30 PM EDT
East Tennessee State landed themselves a major piece for the future as Indiana transfer Peter Jurkin committed to the Pirates.
Jurkin is a seven-foot native of Sudan that spent two seasons playing with the Hoosiers, although playing may be a bit too friendly. Jurkin saw 18 minutes of action in two years, scoring a grand total of two points in his career. A lot of that had to do with injuries, but given the amount of depth that Indiana was returning on their front line, Jurkin’s minutes weren’t likely to change this season.
ETSU is a traditionally strong program that will return to play in the Southern Conference. The Bucs won 19 games last season.
Jurkin will be eligible to play in the 2015-2016 season. He’ll have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)