Aug 6, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Virginia forward Evan Nolte was arrested over the weekend and charged with being drunk in public.
The rising junior, who averaged 2.8 points this past season as a redshirt sophomore, is 20 years old.
According to the police report obtained by Newsplex.com, he was stopped around 1 a.m. on Sunday morning. Nolte told officers he had had about eight drinks. Officers tried to put him into a taxi, but he took off running instead. That’s when he was arrested.
Virginia released the following statement: “Coach Bennett is aware of the incident involving junior forward Evan Nolte early Sunday and is handling the matter internally at this time.”
Nolte has to be smarter here — when a cop officers to put you in a cab when you’re drunk and underage, you get into that cab — but at the end of the day, he is a college kid and college kids tend to do things like get drunk on Saturday night.
The real issue is the shirt that he is wearing. Is that Nick Nolte?
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 14
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 9
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 7
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 7
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 71
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 9
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 17
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (71)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (26)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)