Aug 6, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Virginia forward Evan Nolte was arrested over the weekend and charged with being drunk in public.
The rising junior, who averaged 2.8 points this past season as a redshirt sophomore, is 20 years old.
According to the police report obtained by Newsplex.com, he was stopped around 1 a.m. on Sunday morning. Nolte told officers he had had about eight drinks. Officers tried to put him into a taxi, but he took off running instead. That’s when he was arrested.
Virginia released the following statement: “Coach Bennett is aware of the incident involving junior forward Evan Nolte early Sunday and is handling the matter internally at this time.”
Nolte has to be smarter here — when a cop officers to put you in a cab when you’re drunk and underage, you get into that cab — but at the end of the day, he is a college kid and college kids tend to do things like get drunk on Saturday night.
The real issue is the shirt that he is wearing. Is that Nick Nolte?
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)