Aug 6, 2014, 11:02 AM EST
Virginia forward Evan Nolte was arrested over the weekend and charged with being drunk in public.
The rising junior, who averaged 2.8 points this past season as a redshirt sophomore, is 20 years old.
According to the police report obtained by Newsplex.com, he was stopped around 1 a.m. on Sunday morning. Nolte told officers he had had about eight drinks. Officers tried to put him into a taxi, but he took off running instead. That’s when he was arrested.
Virginia released the following statement: “Coach Bennett is aware of the incident involving junior forward Evan Nolte early Sunday and is handling the matter internally at this time.”
Nolte has to be smarter here — when a cop officers to put you in a cab when you’re drunk and underage, you get into that cab — but at the end of the day, he is a college kid and college kids tend to do things like get drunk on Saturday night.
The real issue is the shirt that he is wearing. Is that Nick Nolte?
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)