Aug 6, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Virginia forward Evan Nolte was arrested over the weekend and charged with being drunk in public.
The rising junior, who averaged 2.8 points this past season as a redshirt sophomore, is 20 years old.
According to the police report obtained by Newsplex.com, he was stopped around 1 a.m. on Sunday morning. Nolte told officers he had had about eight drinks. Officers tried to put him into a taxi, but he took off running instead. That’s when he was arrested.
Virginia released the following statement: “Coach Bennett is aware of the incident involving junior forward Evan Nolte early Sunday and is handling the matter internally at this time.”
Nolte has to be smarter here — when a cop officers to put you in a cab when you’re drunk and underage, you get into that cab — but at the end of the day, he is a college kid and college kids tend to do things like get drunk on Saturday night.
The real issue is the shirt that he is wearing. Is that Nick Nolte?
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 43
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (43)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)