Aug 6, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Virginia forward Evan Nolte was arrested over the weekend and charged with being drunk in public.
The rising junior, who averaged 2.8 points this past season as a redshirt sophomore, is 20 years old.
According to the police report obtained by Newsplex.com, he was stopped around 1 a.m. on Sunday morning. Nolte told officers he had had about eight drinks. Officers tried to put him into a taxi, but he took off running instead. That’s when he was arrested.
Virginia released the following statement: “Coach Bennett is aware of the incident involving junior forward Evan Nolte early Sunday and is handling the matter internally at this time.”
Nolte has to be smarter here — when a cop officers to put you in a cab when you’re drunk and underage, you get into that cab — but at the end of the day, he is a college kid and college kids tend to do things like get drunk on Saturday night.
The real issue is the shirt that he is wearing. Is that Nick Nolte?
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Led by senior forward Alan Williams, UCSB capable of earning first NCAA tournament bid since 2011 0
- Behind Thompson and Comer, Dunk City looks to take flight once again this March 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)
- NCAA approves waiver to allow player with terminal cancer to play (1)