Aug 7, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
Prior to the start of the NCAA tournament, Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White was tweeting about Duke when a Mercer fan responded by saying that the Blue Devils were going to get upset by the Bears in the opening round.
@DHoyt77 if mercer beat duke I will give you season tickets 50 yard line first row
— Roddy White (@roddywhiteTV) March 18, 2014
And the rest is history.
Mercer went on to dance their way into the Round of 32, and White, succumbing to endless pressure from people on twitter and around the blogosphere, eventually paid up, giving Hoyt a pair of season tickets, a pair of tickets to the Super Bowl, sideline passes to a Falcons game and a pass to come visit training camp for a day.
The fan, a 20-year old farmer named Dylan Hoyt, made that visit to camp on Wednesday to collect his winnings.
It seems like White has learned his lesson.
“Never bet anything unless you’re willing to pay up,” he told the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 1
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 0
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 4
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)