Aug 7, 2014, 12:42 PM EDT
Prior to the start of the NCAA tournament, Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White was tweeting about Duke when a Mercer fan responded by saying that the Blue Devils were going to get upset by the Bears in the opening round.
@DHoyt77 if mercer beat duke I will give you season tickets 50 yard line first row
— Roddy White (@roddywhiteTV) March 18, 2014
And the rest is history.
Mercer went on to dance their way into the Round of 32, and White, succumbing to endless pressure from people on twitter and around the blogosphere, eventually paid up, giving Hoyt a pair of season tickets, a pair of tickets to the Super Bowl, sideline passes to a Falcons game and a pass to come visit training camp for a day.
The fan, a 20-year old farmer named Dylan Hoyt, made that visit to camp on Wednesday to collect his winnings.
It seems like White has learned his lesson.
“Never bet anything unless you’re willing to pay up,” he told the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
- Five-star shooting guard focusing on ten schools 0
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 2
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)
- Another Division I coach loses their job in the wake of the Donnie Tyndall scandal (3)
- Ron Baker was the best college player for Team USA at Pan-Am Games (2)
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble (2)