Aug 7, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
According to Jeff Greer of the Louisville Courier-Journal, Louisville senior guard Chris Jones will miss some time after suffering a stress fracture in his left shin. Jones revealed the news himself via his Instagram account Wednesday evening.
While it was originally reported that Jones would have to sit six weeks, Louisville announced via press release that Jones will actually miss anywhere from three to five weeks.
In his first season as a Cardinal, Jones averaged 10.2 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game on a team that reached the Elite Eight. The 2013-14 season didn’t always go smoothly for Jones, but with his improving his body during the summer and also performing well at adidas Nations last week in Long Beach, California he was preparing to have a greater impact in 2014-15.
The stress fracture will result in Jones missing some time on the court, but as noted in the school release there are other options when it comes to making sure he remains close to “game shape” such as swimming. Both Jones and fellow guard Terry Rozier are expected to lead the way for Rick Pitino’s backcourt in their first season as a member of the ACC.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)