Aug 7, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
According to Jeff Greer of the Louisville Courier-Journal, Louisville senior guard Chris Jones will miss some time after suffering a stress fracture in his left shin. Jones revealed the news himself via his Instagram account Wednesday evening.
While it was originally reported that Jones would have to sit six weeks, Louisville announced via press release that Jones will actually miss anywhere from three to five weeks.
In his first season as a Cardinal, Jones averaged 10.2 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game on a team that reached the Elite Eight. The 2013-14 season didn’t always go smoothly for Jones, but with his improving his body during the summer and also performing well at adidas Nations last week in Long Beach, California he was preparing to have a greater impact in 2014-15.
The stress fracture will result in Jones missing some time on the court, but as noted in the school release there are other options when it comes to making sure he remains close to “game shape” such as swimming. Both Jones and fellow guard Terry Rozier are expected to lead the way for Rick Pitino’s backcourt in their first season as a member of the ACC.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)