Aug 7, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
According to Jeff Greer of the Louisville Courier-Journal, Louisville senior guard Chris Jones will miss some time after suffering a stress fracture in his left shin. Jones revealed the news himself via his Instagram account Wednesday evening.
While it was originally reported that Jones would have to sit six weeks, Louisville announced via press release that Jones will actually miss anywhere from three to five weeks.
In his first season as a Cardinal, Jones averaged 10.2 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game on a team that reached the Elite Eight. The 2013-14 season didn’t always go smoothly for Jones, but with his improving his body during the summer and also performing well at adidas Nations last week in Long Beach, California he was preparing to have a greater impact in 2014-15.
The stress fracture will result in Jones missing some time on the court, but as noted in the school release there are other options when it comes to making sure he remains close to “game shape” such as swimming. Both Jones and fellow guard Terry Rozier are expected to lead the way for Rick Pitino’s backcourt in their first season as a member of the ACC.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)