Aug 7, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
According to Jeff Greer of the Louisville Courier-Journal, Louisville senior guard Chris Jones will miss some time after suffering a stress fracture in his left shin. Jones revealed the news himself via his Instagram account Wednesday evening.
While it was originally reported that Jones would have to sit six weeks, Louisville announced via press release that Jones will actually miss anywhere from three to five weeks.
In his first season as a Cardinal, Jones averaged 10.2 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game on a team that reached the Elite Eight. The 2013-14 season didn’t always go smoothly for Jones, but with his improving his body during the summer and also performing well at adidas Nations last week in Long Beach, California he was preparing to have a greater impact in 2014-15.
The stress fracture will result in Jones missing some time on the court, but as noted in the school release there are other options when it comes to making sure he remains close to “game shape” such as swimming. Both Jones and fellow guard Terry Rozier are expected to lead the way for Rick Pitino’s backcourt in their first season as a member of the ACC.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 5
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 3
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (5)
- Sophomore forward Semi Ojeleye to transfer from Duke (3)