Aug 7, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
According to Jeff Greer of the Louisville Courier-Journal, Louisville senior guard Chris Jones will miss some time after suffering a stress fracture in his left shin. Jones revealed the news himself via his Instagram account Wednesday evening.
While it was originally reported that Jones would have to sit six weeks, Louisville announced via press release that Jones will actually miss anywhere from three to five weeks.
In his first season as a Cardinal, Jones averaged 10.2 points, 2.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists per game on a team that reached the Elite Eight. The 2013-14 season didn’t always go smoothly for Jones, but with his improving his body during the summer and also performing well at adidas Nations last week in Long Beach, California he was preparing to have a greater impact in 2014-15.
The stress fracture will result in Jones missing some time on the court, but as noted in the school release there are other options when it comes to making sure he remains close to “game shape” such as swimming. Both Jones and fellow guard Terry Rozier are expected to lead the way for Rick Pitino’s backcourt in their first season as a member of the ACC.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)