Aug 7, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Josh Pastner has landed a commitment from Calvin Godfrey, a 6-foot-8 transfer from Southern that averaged 13.1 points and 8.8 boards last season.
The news was first reported by ESPN.com.
Godfrey’s career started at Iowa State, where he averaged 5.7 points and 5.4 boards as a freshman. But he was kicked off the Cyclone team after an arrest for marijuana possession and ended up at Howard College for a year. He was supposed to enroll at LSU for the 2012-2013 season, but he was not accepted into the university. He made it to Southern that November and after sitting out the year, he played 2013-2014 with the Jaguars.
Godfrey has one season of eligibility remaining and should be able to play right away thanks to Southern’s APR issues. He’ll likely come off the bench as Austin Nichols and Shaq Goodwin look like starters in the Tiger front court.
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Report: Gonzaga’s Josh Perkins broke his jaw (4)