Aug 7, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Josh Pastner has landed a commitment from Calvin Godfrey, a 6-foot-8 transfer from Southern that averaged 13.1 points and 8.8 boards last season.
The news was first reported by ESPN.com.
Godfrey’s career started at Iowa State, where he averaged 5.7 points and 5.4 boards as a freshman. But he was kicked off the Cyclone team after an arrest for marijuana possession and ended up at Howard College for a year. He was supposed to enroll at LSU for the 2012-2013 season, but he was not accepted into the university. He made it to Southern that November and after sitting out the year, he played 2013-2014 with the Jaguars.
Godfrey has one season of eligibility remaining and should be able to play right away thanks to Southern’s APR issues. He’ll likely come off the bench as Austin Nichols and Shaq Goodwin look like starters in the Tiger front court.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)