Aug 8, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Missouri has parted ways with sophomore forward Torren Jones, according to an announcement from Tiger head coach Kim Anderson.
“We have high standards at the University of Missouri and after consulting with Mike Alden, I have made the decision to dismiss Torren Jones from our program,” Anderson said in a statement. “I am disappointed in Torren’s actions and want to be very clear about the culture of accountability we are building within our program. It’s a privilege to wear the University of Missouri uniform and we will represent our University and state with great integrity.”
The 6-foot-8 Jones came to Missouri from high-powered prep school La Lumiere (Ind.) and played in 30 games last year. Jones wasn’t a big impact last season, averaging 8.1 minutes per game and only scoring 63 points and grabbing 69 rebounds, but he would have given the Tigers some front court depth this season.
But with Jonathan Williams III and Ryan Rosburg returning after starting last season and senior Keanau Post returning, Missouri will still have a lot of experience returning in their front court. Freshmen Jakeenan Gant and D’Angelo Allen will also vie for minutes and likely receive more playing time now that Jones is moving elsewhere.
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Virginia, an MVC showdown and UNC-Louisville 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program 13
- Chase for 180: Already a good shooter, Tyler Harvey’s been even better in 2014-15 0
- Film Session: The case for Jerian Grant as National Player of the Year 1
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke 7
- Late Night Snacks: No. 8 Notre Dame outlasts No. 4 Duke in a thriller 2
- 2015 McDonald’s All-American rosters announced 2
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (6)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)