Aug 8, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Missouri has parted ways with sophomore forward Torren Jones, according to an announcement from Tiger head coach Kim Anderson.
“We have high standards at the University of Missouri and after consulting with Mike Alden, I have made the decision to dismiss Torren Jones from our program,” Anderson said in a statement. “I am disappointed in Torren’s actions and want to be very clear about the culture of accountability we are building within our program. It’s a privilege to wear the University of Missouri uniform and we will represent our University and state with great integrity.”
The 6-foot-8 Jones came to Missouri from high-powered prep school La Lumiere (Ind.) and played in 30 games last year. Jones wasn’t a big impact last season, averaging 8.1 minutes per game and only scoring 63 points and grabbing 69 rebounds, but he would have given the Tigers some front court depth this season.
But with Jonathan Williams III and Ryan Rosburg returning after starting last season and senior Keanau Post returning, Missouri will still have a lot of experience returning in their front court. Freshmen Jakeenan Gant and D’Angelo Allen will also vie for minutes and likely receive more playing time now that Jones is moving elsewhere.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)