Aug 8, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Missouri has parted ways with sophomore forward Torren Jones, according to an announcement from Tiger head coach Kim Anderson.
“We have high standards at the University of Missouri and after consulting with Mike Alden, I have made the decision to dismiss Torren Jones from our program,” Anderson said in a statement. “I am disappointed in Torren’s actions and want to be very clear about the culture of accountability we are building within our program. It’s a privilege to wear the University of Missouri uniform and we will represent our University and state with great integrity.”
The 6-foot-8 Jones came to Missouri from high-powered prep school La Lumiere (Ind.) and played in 30 games last year. Jones wasn’t a big impact last season, averaging 8.1 minutes per game and only scoring 63 points and grabbing 69 rebounds, but he would have given the Tigers some front court depth this season.
But with Jonathan Williams III and Ryan Rosburg returning after starting last season and senior Keanau Post returning, Missouri will still have a lot of experience returning in their front court. Freshmen Jakeenan Gant and D’Angelo Allen will also vie for minutes and likely receive more playing time now that Jones is moving elsewhere.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)