Aug 8, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Missouri has parted ways with sophomore forward Torren Jones, according to an announcement from Tiger head coach Kim Anderson.
“We have high standards at the University of Missouri and after consulting with Mike Alden, I have made the decision to dismiss Torren Jones from our program,” Anderson said in a statement. “I am disappointed in Torren’s actions and want to be very clear about the culture of accountability we are building within our program. It’s a privilege to wear the University of Missouri uniform and we will represent our University and state with great integrity.”
The 6-foot-8 Jones came to Missouri from high-powered prep school La Lumiere (Ind.) and played in 30 games last year. Jones wasn’t a big impact last season, averaging 8.1 minutes per game and only scoring 63 points and grabbing 69 rebounds, but he would have given the Tigers some front court depth this season.
But with Jonathan Williams III and Ryan Rosburg returning after starting last season and senior Keanau Post returning, Missouri will still have a lot of experience returning in their front court. Freshmen Jakeenan Gant and D’Angelo Allen will also vie for minutes and likely receive more playing time now that Jones is moving elsewhere.
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- No. 11 Wichita State rallies from 11 down to beat Alabama thanks to Van Vleet (VIDEO) 0
- The Ten Most Important Midseason Additions 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: New faces are popping up in our top ten 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (5)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (4)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (4)