Aug 8, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Missouri has parted ways with sophomore forward Torren Jones, according to an announcement from Tiger head coach Kim Anderson.
“We have high standards at the University of Missouri and after consulting with Mike Alden, I have made the decision to dismiss Torren Jones from our program,” Anderson said in a statement. “I am disappointed in Torren’s actions and want to be very clear about the culture of accountability we are building within our program. It’s a privilege to wear the University of Missouri uniform and we will represent our University and state with great integrity.”
The 6-foot-8 Jones came to Missouri from high-powered prep school La Lumiere (Ind.) and played in 30 games last year. Jones wasn’t a big impact last season, averaging 8.1 minutes per game and only scoring 63 points and grabbing 69 rebounds, but he would have given the Tigers some front court depth this season.
But with Jonathan Williams III and Ryan Rosburg returning after starting last season and senior Keanau Post returning, Missouri will still have a lot of experience returning in their front court. Freshmen Jakeenan Gant and D’Angelo Allen will also vie for minutes and likely receive more playing time now that Jones is moving elsewhere.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)