Aug 8, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Syracuse is on the board in the 2016 class as the Orange moved quickly on 6-foot-8 wing forward Matthew Moyer and landed a commitment from the Ohio native on Friday afternoon.
Moyer is currently regarded as the No. 90 player in the 2016 class, according to Rivals, and had a strong July playing with the VCC Ohio Warriors. Ohio State offered the Gahanna Lincoln High School product a scholarship within the last week and Syracuse offered Moyer during an unofficial visit on Wednesday.
A long and athletic forward, Moyer fits the mold of Syracuse forwards that they like to throw into their 2-3 zone and he rebounds the ball well for his position. Moyer has a lot of upside and will be intriguing to follow during his last two years of high school basketball.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Weber State won’t lack for challengers in Big Sky 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)