Aug 8, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Syracuse is on the board in the 2016 class as the Orange moved quickly on 6-foot-8 wing forward Matthew Moyer and landed a commitment from the Ohio native on Friday afternoon.
Moyer is currently regarded as the No. 90 player in the 2016 class, according to Rivals, and had a strong July playing with the VCC Ohio Warriors. Ohio State offered the Gahanna Lincoln High School product a scholarship within the last week and Syracuse offered Moyer during an unofficial visit on Wednesday.
A long and athletic forward, Moyer fits the mold of Syracuse forwards that they like to throw into their 2-3 zone and he rebounds the ball well for his position. Moyer has a lot of upside and will be intriguing to follow during his last two years of high school basketball.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)