Aug 8, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Syracuse is on the board in the 2016 class as the Orange moved quickly on 6-foot-8 wing forward Matthew Moyer and landed a commitment from the Ohio native on Friday afternoon.
Moyer is currently regarded as the No. 90 player in the 2016 class, according to Rivals, and had a strong July playing with the VCC Ohio Warriors. Ohio State offered the Gahanna Lincoln High School product a scholarship within the last week and Syracuse offered Moyer during an unofficial visit on Wednesday.
A long and athletic forward, Moyer fits the mold of Syracuse forwards that they like to throw into their 2-3 zone and he rebounds the ball well for his position. Moyer has a lot of upside and will be intriguing to follow during his last two years of high school basketball.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)