Aug 8, 2014, 5:17 PM EST
Syracuse is on the board in the 2016 class as the Orange moved quickly on 6-foot-8 wing forward Matthew Moyer and landed a commitment from the Ohio native on Friday afternoon.
Moyer is currently regarded as the No. 90 player in the 2016 class, according to Rivals, and had a strong July playing with the VCC Ohio Warriors. Ohio State offered the Gahanna Lincoln High School product a scholarship within the last week and Syracuse offered Moyer during an unofficial visit on Wednesday.
A long and athletic forward, Moyer fits the mold of Syracuse forwards that they like to throw into their 2-3 zone and he rebounds the ball well for his position. Moyer has a lot of upside and will be intriguing to follow during his last two years of high school basketball.
- Did Gonzaga cost themselves a No. 1 seed with loss to BYU? 0
- Kaleb Tarczewski produces another quality outing as No. 7 Arizona beats No. 13 Utah 0
- Bubble Banter: Boise State, St. John’s, Dayton win the day; Texas, N.C. State lose; and Kansas State? 1
- Late Night Snacks: No. 7 Arizona, No. 11 Wichita State and No. 19 Baylor among Saturday’s big winners 1
- No. 1 Kentucky moves to 29-0 with blowout win over No. 18 Arkansas 0
- No. 11 Wichita State wins the Missouri Valley by knocking off No. 10 Northern Iowa 0
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)