Aug 8, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Syracuse is on the board in the 2016 class as the Orange moved quickly on 6-foot-8 wing forward Matthew Moyer and landed a commitment from the Ohio native on Friday afternoon.
Moyer is currently regarded as the No. 90 player in the 2016 class, according to Rivals, and had a strong July playing with the VCC Ohio Warriors. Ohio State offered the Gahanna Lincoln High School product a scholarship within the last week and Syracuse offered Moyer during an unofficial visit on Wednesday.
A long and athletic forward, Moyer fits the mold of Syracuse forwards that they like to throw into their 2-3 zone and he rebounds the ball well for his position. Moyer has a lot of upside and will be intriguing to follow during his last two years of high school basketball.
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 0
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 1
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ 2
- Arizona lands four-star center to potential No. 1 recruiting class in 2015 0
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility 3
- In-state power forward verbally commits to UConn 0
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Four-star power forward becomes Indiana’s first 2015 commitment (3)
- Arizona State commit arrested for allegedly shoplifting less than $20 in DVDs from Walmart (3)
- Allen Iverson, Georgetown legends return to campus for new John Thompson practice facility (3)
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener (2)