Aug 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
VCU is not backing down from facing good competition this season as the Rams are playing a very tough non-conference schedule in the 2014-15 season.
The Rams announced the schedule via the athletics department Twitter:
With games against Tennessee, Villanova, Michigan or Oregon, Virginia, Northern Iowa and Cincinnati, Shaka Smart’s team will test itself plenty before the A-10 portion of the schedule.
VCU has been a perennial NCAA Tournament contender and should be a contender again this season thanks to the return of Treveon Graham and a lot of other young pieces.
Seeing Graham go against talented guards like Robert Hubbs and potentially Caris LeVert or Joseph Young will be fun to witness in the early portion of the season.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ (1)
- Seton Hall to give scholarship basketball players $2,600 towards cost of attendance (1)
- Indiana president none too pleased with recent legal issues involving student-athletes (1)