Aug 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
VCU is not backing down from facing good competition this season as the Rams are playing a very tough non-conference schedule in the 2014-15 season.
The Rams announced the schedule via the athletics department Twitter:
With games against Tennessee, Villanova, Michigan or Oregon, Virginia, Northern Iowa and Cincinnati, Shaka Smart’s team will test itself plenty before the A-10 portion of the schedule.
VCU has been a perennial NCAA Tournament contender and should be a contender again this season thanks to the return of Treveon Graham and a lot of other young pieces.
Seeing Graham go against talented guards like Robert Hubbs and potentially Caris LeVert or Joseph Young will be fun to witness in the early portion of the season.
- Reductions in scholarship, off-campus recruiting will have significant impact on Syracuse moving forward 1
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim 9
- Bracketology: No. 1 seed line remains unsettled 3
- Weekend Preview: Duke-Carolina Part Two, and which bubble teams have the most on the line? 0
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 1
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- NCAA sanctions Syracuse; 12 lost scholarships, nine-game suspension for coach Jim Boeheim (10)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)