Aug 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EDT
VCU is not backing down from facing good competition this season as the Rams are playing a very tough non-conference schedule in the 2014-15 season.
The Rams announced the schedule via the athletics department Twitter:
With games against Tennessee, Villanova, Michigan or Oregon, Virginia, Northern Iowa and Cincinnati, Shaka Smart’s team will test itself plenty before the A-10 portion of the schedule.
VCU has been a perennial NCAA Tournament contender and should be a contender again this season thanks to the return of Treveon Graham and a lot of other young pieces.
Seeing Graham go against talented guards like Robert Hubbs and potentially Caris LeVert or Joseph Young will be fun to witness in the early portion of the season.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)