Aug 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
VCU is not backing down from facing good competition this season as the Rams are playing a very tough non-conference schedule in the 2014-15 season.
The Rams announced the schedule via the athletics department Twitter:
With games against Tennessee, Villanova, Michigan or Oregon, Virginia, Northern Iowa and Cincinnati, Shaka Smart’s team will test itself plenty before the A-10 portion of the schedule.
VCU has been a perennial NCAA Tournament contender and should be a contender again this season thanks to the return of Treveon Graham and a lot of other young pieces.
Seeing Graham go against talented guards like Robert Hubbs and potentially Caris LeVert or Joseph Young will be fun to witness in the early portion of the season.
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 1
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)