Aug 9, 2014, 3:20 PM EST
VCU is not backing down from facing good competition this season as the Rams are playing a very tough non-conference schedule in the 2014-15 season.
The Rams announced the schedule via the athletics department Twitter:
With games against Tennessee, Villanova, Michigan or Oregon, Virginia, Northern Iowa and Cincinnati, Shaka Smart’s team will test itself plenty before the A-10 portion of the schedule.
VCU has been a perennial NCAA Tournament contender and should be a contender again this season thanks to the return of Treveon Graham and a lot of other young pieces.
Seeing Graham go against talented guards like Robert Hubbs and potentially Caris LeVert or Joseph Young will be fun to witness in the early portion of the season.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)