Aug 10, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
With Aaron White and Gabriel Olaseni both being seniors in 2014-15, the Iowa Hawkeyes will have two holes to fill in its front court rotation upon the completion of the upcoming season. Freshman Dominique Uhl will help them moving forward, as will returning starter Adam Woodbury and likely starter Jarrod Uthoff (both will be juniors in 2014-15), but adding another body to the mix certainly wouldn’t hurt.
Sunday afternoon the Iowa program was able to do that, as 6-foot-6 forward Ahmad Wagner made his decision to verbally commit to Fran McCaffery’s program. Wagner, a native of Huber Heights, Ohio, attends Wayne High School and played his summer basketball for an All Ohio Red program that has sent a number of players in the past to high-major programs.
News of Wagner’s commitment was first reported by John Stovall of ESPN.com via Twitter, with Wagner himself putting together a post on Instagram shortly thereafter.
As a junior Wagner posted averages of 13.7 points, 9.9 rebounds and 3.3 blocks per contest, and offensively he did the majority of his damage from 15 feet and in. Wagner shot 62.5% from the field last season, and he also tallied ten double-doubles.
Wagner joins shooting guard Andrew Fleming and forward Brandon Hutton in Iowa’s 2015 class thus far. Uhl and guards Trey Dickerson (sophomore) and Brady Ellingson are the three players joining the Hawkeye program this season.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 1
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 3
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)