Aug 10, 2014, 5:16 PM EST
With Aaron White and Gabriel Olaseni both being seniors in 2014-15, the Iowa Hawkeyes will have two holes to fill in its front court rotation upon the completion of the upcoming season. Freshman Dominique Uhl will help them moving forward, as will returning starter Adam Woodbury and likely starter Jarrod Uthoff (both will be juniors in 2014-15), but adding another body to the mix certainly wouldn’t hurt.
Sunday afternoon the Iowa program was able to do that, as 6-foot-6 forward Ahmad Wagner made his decision to verbally commit to Fran McCaffery’s program. Wagner, a native of Huber Heights, Ohio, attends Wayne High School and played his summer basketball for an All Ohio Red program that has sent a number of players in the past to high-major programs.
News of Wagner’s commitment was first reported by John Stovall of ESPN.com via Twitter, with Wagner himself putting together a post on Instagram shortly thereafter.
As a junior Wagner posted averages of 13.7 points, 9.9 rebounds and 3.3 blocks per contest, and offensively he did the majority of his damage from 15 feet and in. Wagner shot 62.5% from the field last season, and he also tallied ten double-doubles.
Wagner joins shooting guard Andrew Fleming and forward Brandon Hutton in Iowa’s 2015 class thus far. Uhl and guards Trey Dickerson (sophomore) and Brady Ellingson are the three players joining the Hawkeye program this season.
- Late Night Snacks: Villanova survives Syracuse while UNC, SMU get big wins 0
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA 4
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend (4)