Aug 10, 2014, 5:16 PM EST
With Aaron White and Gabriel Olaseni both being seniors in 2014-15, the Iowa Hawkeyes will have two holes to fill in its front court rotation upon the completion of the upcoming season. Freshman Dominique Uhl will help them moving forward, as will returning starter Adam Woodbury and likely starter Jarrod Uthoff (both will be juniors in 2014-15), but adding another body to the mix certainly wouldn’t hurt.
Sunday afternoon the Iowa program was able to do that, as 6-foot-6 forward Ahmad Wagner made his decision to verbally commit to Fran McCaffery’s program. Wagner, a native of Huber Heights, Ohio, attends Wayne High School and played his summer basketball for an All Ohio Red program that has sent a number of players in the past to high-major programs.
News of Wagner’s commitment was first reported by John Stovall of ESPN.com via Twitter, with Wagner himself putting together a post on Instagram shortly thereafter.
As a junior Wagner posted averages of 13.7 points, 9.9 rebounds and 3.3 blocks per contest, and offensively he did the majority of his damage from 15 feet and in. Wagner shot 62.5% from the field last season, and he also tallied ten double-doubles.
Wagner joins shooting guard Andrew Fleming and forward Brandon Hutton in Iowa’s 2015 class thus far. Uhl and guards Trey Dickerson (sophomore) and Brady Ellingson are the three players joining the Hawkeye program this season.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 1
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 0
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 13
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)