Aug 10, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
Kansas transfer guard Andrew White III tweeted he was on the Maryland campus on Saturday evening. The trip to College Park was one of several stops the former Jayhawk has made this summer.
The 6-foot-6 White visited Nebraska and Notre Dame earlier this summer while Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest have all expressed interest in him since he announced he would leave KU back on May 8. With classes set to begin in the next few weeks, White informed Jeff Ermann of InsideMDSports.com that he plans on making a decision “real soon”.
In 43 career games at Kansas he averaged 2.3 points in 5.5 minutes per game. This past season he was caught behind freshmen Andrew Wiggins and Wayne Selden on the perimeter. Even with Wiggins in the NBA, his play time likely wouldn’t have seen much of an increase with Kelly Oubre, the No. 6 overall recruit, joining the program which returns sophomore wings Selden and Brannen Greene.
White was also a highly-touted recruit when he committed to Kansas back in 2011. He was a four-star prospect, listed as the No. 51 overall recruit in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals. White will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, per NCAA transfer rules, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1