Aug 10, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
Kansas transfer guard Andrew White III tweeted he was on the Maryland campus on Saturday evening. The trip to College Park was one of several stops the former Jayhawk has made this summer.
The 6-foot-6 White visited Nebraska and Notre Dame earlier this summer while Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest have all expressed interest in him since he announced he would leave KU back on May 8. With classes set to begin in the next few weeks, White informed Jeff Ermann of InsideMDSports.com that he plans on making a decision “real soon”.
In 43 career games at Kansas he averaged 2.3 points in 5.5 minutes per game. This past season he was caught behind freshmen Andrew Wiggins and Wayne Selden on the perimeter. Even with Wiggins in the NBA, his play time likely wouldn’t have seen much of an increase with Kelly Oubre, the No. 6 overall recruit, joining the program which returns sophomore wings Selden and Brannen Greene.
White was also a highly-touted recruit when he committed to Kansas back in 2011. He was a four-star prospect, listed as the No. 51 overall recruit in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals. White will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, per NCAA transfer rules, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- Wisconsin wins 2014 Battle 4 Atlantis with 69-56 win over Oklahoma 0
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 1
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)