Aug 10, 2014, 10:45 AM EST
Kansas transfer guard Andrew White III tweeted he was on the Maryland campus on Saturday evening. The trip to College Park was one of several stops the former Jayhawk has made this summer.
The 6-foot-6 White visited Nebraska and Notre Dame earlier this summer while Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest have all expressed interest in him since he announced he would leave KU back on May 8. With classes set to begin in the next few weeks, White informed Jeff Ermann of InsideMDSports.com that he plans on making a decision “real soon”.
In 43 career games at Kansas he averaged 2.3 points in 5.5 minutes per game. This past season he was caught behind freshmen Andrew Wiggins and Wayne Selden on the perimeter. Even with Wiggins in the NBA, his play time likely wouldn’t have seen much of an increase with Kelly Oubre, the No. 6 overall recruit, joining the program which returns sophomore wings Selden and Brannen Greene.
White was also a highly-touted recruit when he committed to Kansas back in 2011. He was a four-star prospect, listed as the No. 51 overall recruit in the Class of 2012, according to Rivals. White will have to sit out the 2014-2015 season, per NCAA transfer rules, and will have two years of eligibility remaining.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 0
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)