Aug 10, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Saturday evening the fourth annual Big Strick Classic was played at Gauchos Gym in the Bronx, bringing together some of the best high school players in the country. And from an entertainment standpoint the game, played in memory of the late John Strickland, did not disappoint as Team NYC held off Team USA by the final score of 137-135.
Among the players who earned most valuable player honors were 2016 guard Rawle Alkins and 2015 guard Antonio Blakeney, who combined to lead the way for Team NYC. Blakeney, considered to be one of the top scoring guards in his class, led all scorers with 33 points. The Team USA co-MVP’s were 2015 guards Dwayne Bacon and Malik Beasley, with the latter also taking an unofficial visit to St. John’s during his time in the Big Apple.
Above are some highlights from the game, as compiled by Courtside Films.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)