Aug 10, 2014, 6:58 PM EDT
Saturday evening the fourth annual Big Strick Classic was played at Gauchos Gym in the Bronx, bringing together some of the best high school players in the country. And from an entertainment standpoint the game, played in memory of the late John Strickland, did not disappoint as Team NYC held off Team USA by the final score of 137-135.
Among the players who earned most valuable player honors were 2016 guard Rawle Alkins and 2015 guard Antonio Blakeney, who combined to lead the way for Team NYC. Blakeney, considered to be one of the top scoring guards in his class, led all scorers with 33 points. The Team USA co-MVP’s were 2015 guards Dwayne Bacon and Malik Beasley, with the latter also taking an unofficial visit to St. John’s during his time in the Big Apple.
Above are some highlights from the game, as compiled by Courtside Films.
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Oklahoma guard Buddy Hield returning for senior season 0
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft 2
- California guard Tyrone Wallace to return for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (17)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Five members of Iowa State’s 2014-15 team have been arrested after two more arrests this week (9)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)