Aug 11, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Auston Barnes, a senior forward that started 31 games for the Braves this past season, was arrested by Bradley campus police on Sunday morning on domestic battery charges.
“I am aware of Auston’s arrest early Sunday morning and it is a disappointing situation,” head coach Geno Ford said in a statement. “I want to make sure that I know the complete story and we are just in the beginning stages of gathering information.”
He was taken to Peoria County jail and had yet to be released as of Monday afternoon.
Barnes averaged 8.6 points and 5.6 boards for the Braves last season.
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 20
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? 5
- No. 4 Duke proves No. 19 Michigan State cannot win at elite level if they keep missing on elite talent 3
- Wofford’s grueling start to the season began well before their 7:00 a.m. game 0
- No. 13 Gonzaga makes definitive statement with blowout of No. 22 SMU 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (20)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)