Aug 11, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Auston Barnes, a senior forward that started 31 games for the Braves this past season, was arrested by Bradley campus police on Sunday morning on domestic battery charges.
“I am aware of Auston’s arrest early Sunday morning and it is a disappointing situation,” head coach Geno Ford said in a statement. “I want to make sure that I know the complete story and we are just in the beginning stages of gathering information.”
He was taken to Peoria County jail and had yet to be released as of Monday afternoon.
Barnes averaged 8.6 points and 5.6 boards for the Braves last season.
- Sources: Rick Barnes not expected to return to Texas 2
- Steve Lavin and St. John’s ‘mutually agree’ to part ways 0
- No. 2 Arizona pulls away from No. 6 Xavier, setting up West regional final rematch 0
- No. 3 Notre Dame knocks off No. 7 Wichita State to get to the Elite 8 17
- Tradition of success through change raises expectations at Xavier 1
- Sweet 16 Preview: The top 16 players left in the tournament 11
- Sweet 16 Preview: The x-factor in each game this week 1
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (29)
- Updated tournament records: Kentucky moves SEC above .500 (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)
- NCAA’s Mark Emmert calls Indiana’s religious freedom bill ‘especially concerning’ (20)