Aug 11, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Auston Barnes, a senior forward that started 31 games for the Braves this past season, was arrested by Bradley campus police on Sunday morning on domestic battery charges.
“I am aware of Auston’s arrest early Sunday morning and it is a disappointing situation,” head coach Geno Ford said in a statement. “I want to make sure that I know the complete story and we are just in the beginning stages of gathering information.”
He was taken to Peoria County jail and had yet to be released as of Monday afternoon.
Barnes averaged 8.6 points and 5.6 boards for the Braves last season.
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 1
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: A familiar face on top, but a few surprises behind him 0
- Ricky Doyle secures 70-63 win for No. 19 Michigan over Oregon in Legends Classic 0
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program 13
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (4)