Aug 11, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Auston Barnes, a senior forward that started 31 games for the Braves this past season, was arrested by Bradley campus police on Sunday morning on domestic battery charges.
“I am aware of Auston’s arrest early Sunday morning and it is a disappointing situation,” head coach Geno Ford said in a statement. “I want to make sure that I know the complete story and we are just in the beginning stages of gathering information.”
He was taken to Peoria County jail and had yet to be released as of Monday afternoon.
Barnes averaged 8.6 points and 5.6 boards for the Braves last season.
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)