Aug 11, 2014, 10:00 AM EST
Auston Barnes, a senior forward that started 31 games for the Braves this past season, was arrested by Bradley campus police on Sunday morning on domestic battery charges.
“I am aware of Auston’s arrest early Sunday morning and it is a disappointing situation,” head coach Geno Ford said in a statement. “I want to make sure that I know the complete story and we are just in the beginning stages of gathering information.”
He was taken to Peoria County jail and had yet to be released as of Monday afternoon.
Barnes averaged 8.6 points and 5.6 boards for the Braves last season.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)