Aug 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Some encouraging news tonight as former Butler center Andrew Smith has left the hospital after spending the past 12 days in the ICU.
Smith, who played for Butler between 2009 and 2013, has been battling non-Hodgkins lymphoma and was checked into the ICU on July 31st, according to a report from Zak Keeker of the Indianapolis Star.
Smith and his wife, Samantha, had recently moved to Lithuania to begin his professional basketball career, but the couple returned to Indiana when Smith was diagnosed.
Samantha Smith tweeted out a picture of Andrew on Monday as he left the hospital.
“We’re thrilled with the miraculous progress he’s made,” Samantha Smith told Keefer on Monday.
This is obviously some really good news and we wish Smith the best in his continued recovery.
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 1
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)