Aug 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Some encouraging news tonight as former Butler center Andrew Smith has left the hospital after spending the past 12 days in the ICU.
Smith, who played for Butler between 2009 and 2013, has been battling non-Hodgkins lymphoma and was checked into the ICU on July 31st, according to a report from Zak Keeker of the Indianapolis Star.
Smith and his wife, Samantha, had recently moved to Lithuania to begin his professional basketball career, but the couple returned to Indiana when Smith was diagnosed.
Samantha Smith tweeted out a picture of Andrew on Monday as he left the hospital.
“We’re thrilled with the miraculous progress he’s made,” Samantha Smith told Keefer on Monday.
This is obviously some really good news and we wish Smith the best in his continued recovery.
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 7
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)