Aug 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Some encouraging news tonight as former Butler center Andrew Smith has left the hospital after spending the past 12 days in the ICU.
Smith, who played for Butler between 2009 and 2013, has been battling non-Hodgkins lymphoma and was checked into the ICU on July 31st, according to a report from Zak Keeker of the Indianapolis Star.
Smith and his wife, Samantha, had recently moved to Lithuania to begin his professional basketball career, but the couple returned to Indiana when Smith was diagnosed.
Samantha Smith tweeted out a picture of Andrew on Monday as he left the hospital.
“We’re thrilled with the miraculous progress he’s made,” Samantha Smith told Keefer on Monday.
This is obviously some really good news and we wish Smith the best in his continued recovery.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)