Aug 11, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
Some encouraging news tonight as former Butler center Andrew Smith has left the hospital after spending the past 12 days in the ICU.
Smith, who played for Butler between 2009 and 2013, has been battling non-Hodgkins lymphoma and was checked into the ICU on July 31st, according to a report from Zak Keeker of the Indianapolis Star.
Smith and his wife, Samantha, had recently moved to Lithuania to begin his professional basketball career, but the couple returned to Indiana when Smith was diagnosed.
Samantha Smith tweeted out a picture of Andrew on Monday as he left the hospital.
“We’re thrilled with the miraculous progress he’s made,” Samantha Smith told Keefer on Monday.
This is obviously some really good news and we wish Smith the best in his continued recovery.
- Kyle Wiltjer to return to Gonzaga for his senior season 0
- Utah’s Jakob Poeltl will return to school for his sophomore season 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Former Kansas State guard transferring to Creighton 0
- Former Cornell forward Shonn Miller headed to UConn for final season of eligibility 0
- Purdue center A.J. Hammons to return for senior season 0
- Five-star 7-footer Stephen Zimmerman commits to UNLV 4
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- Duke’s Tyus Jones becomes third Blue Devil to enter the NBA Draft (11)
- Five-star Kentucky commit believes the NCAA will clear him to play (10)
- Updated 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Duke freshman Justise Winslow will enter 2015 NBA Draft (8)