Aug 11, 2014, 3:01 PM EST
Reddit put together a map for the most hated college basketball teams in each state, and it should come as no surprise to you that Duke is the nation’s most-hated team.
They despise the Blue Devils in Montana, Idaho and the Dakotas. They hate Duke in Louisiana and Alabama. Vermont, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Virginia, South Carolina, Maryland and Delaware all also hate Coach K’s boys. That’s an impressive amount of ground to cover.
The rest of the map mostly makes sense. Michigan and Ohio hate each other. New York hates Georgetown. North Carolina hates, well, North Carolina. Kentucky hates Louisville. Arizona hates Arizona State while California hates Arizona.
The weirdest vote here?
The most hated team in Washington is … Washington? Are there really that many Gonzaga fans, or do Husky supporters just despise their own program?
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Lauren Hill surprises teammates, fans with another layup in her second college game (VIDEO) 2
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 2
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 2
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)
- Colorado’s second half run a product of its focus on getting the ball inside (3)