Aug 11, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
Bradley center Xzavier Taylor will be out for the next month and a half as he deals with a stress fracture in his foot, the Peoria Star reported over the weekend.
The injury is in Taylor’s right foot.
“We’re not going to push it,” said head coach Geno Ford. “He could have surgery or he could not. We’ll give it time and allow it to heal. If it does what it should do, we should have him back mid-to-late September.”
The 6-foot-9 Taylor started 18 games last season and averaged 3.4 points and 3.2 boards. This news is particularly detrimental given the fact that another member of Bradley’s starting front court, Auston Barnes, was arrested over the weekend for domestic battery.
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 2
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 1
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)