Aug 11, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
Bradley center Xzavier Taylor will be out for the next month and a half as he deals with a stress fracture in his foot, the Peoria Star reported over the weekend.
The injury is in Taylor’s right foot.
“We’re not going to push it,” said head coach Geno Ford. “He could have surgery or he could not. We’ll give it time and allow it to heal. If it does what it should do, we should have him back mid-to-late September.”
The 6-foot-9 Taylor started 18 games last season and averaged 3.4 points and 3.2 boards. This news is particularly detrimental given the fact that another member of Bradley’s starting front court, Auston Barnes, was arrested over the weekend for domestic battery.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)