Aug 11, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
Bradley center Xzavier Taylor will be out for the next month and a half as he deals with a stress fracture in his foot, the Peoria Star reported over the weekend.
The injury is in Taylor’s right foot.
“We’re not going to push it,” said head coach Geno Ford. “He could have surgery or he could not. We’ll give it time and allow it to heal. If it does what it should do, we should have him back mid-to-late September.”
The 6-foot-9 Taylor started 18 games last season and averaged 3.4 points and 3.2 boards. This news is particularly detrimental given the fact that another member of Bradley’s starting front court, Auston Barnes, was arrested over the weekend for domestic battery.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)