Aug 11, 2014, 10:41 AM EDT
Bradley center Xzavier Taylor will be out for the next month and a half as he deals with a stress fracture in his foot, the Peoria Star reported over the weekend.
The injury is in Taylor’s right foot.
“We’re not going to push it,” said head coach Geno Ford. “He could have surgery or he could not. We’ll give it time and allow it to heal. If it does what it should do, we should have him back mid-to-late September.”
The 6-foot-9 Taylor started 18 games last season and averaged 3.4 points and 3.2 boards. This news is particularly detrimental given the fact that another member of Bradley’s starting front court, Auston Barnes, was arrested over the weekend for domestic battery.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UCF lands a unique center, Tennessee’s impact wing, Saint Louis gets rising center 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 6 Virginia Cavaliers 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: College Basketball Dream Team 1
- VCU’s Treveon Graham: From lightly recruited to leader of Havoc, the Atlantic 10 favorites 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 7 North Carolina Tar Heels 1
- Dayton’s Elite 8 run, Archie Miller’s decision to stay help continue Atlantic 10’s success 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky lead a strong crop of big men 0
- Sophomore guard decides to leave Kansas program (3)
- Roy Williams says he was ‘dumbfounded’ following Kenneth Wainstein’s report (VIDEO) (2)
- Hawaii considering its options regarding NCAA investigation of basketball program (2)
- VCU’s band ‘The Peppas’ will be doing Haka War Chants this year (VIDEO) (2)
- Mark Emmert calls UNC scandal ‘troubling’, ‘disturbing’, ‘shocking’ (2)