Aug 11, 2014, 10:41 AM EST
Bradley center Xzavier Taylor will be out for the next month and a half as he deals with a stress fracture in his foot, the Peoria Star reported over the weekend.
The injury is in Taylor’s right foot.
“We’re not going to push it,” said head coach Geno Ford. “He could have surgery or he could not. We’ll give it time and allow it to heal. If it does what it should do, we should have him back mid-to-late September.”
The 6-foot-9 Taylor started 18 games last season and averaged 3.4 points and 3.2 boards. This news is particularly detrimental given the fact that another member of Bradley’s starting front court, Auston Barnes, was arrested over the weekend for domestic battery.
- Mike Brey was excited about Notre Dame’s loss because the Irish have their closer back 0
- Weekly Awards: LaDontae Henton, West Virginia with notable performances 0
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? 4
- Providence star LaDontae ‘Buckets’ Henton may be the nation’s most under-appreciated star 1
- West Virginia shows signs of progress in Puerto Rico Tipoff win over No. 17 UConn 1
- Quinn Cook is thriving as an off-guard, and No. 4 Duke will reap the benefits 0
- Rhode Island upsets No. 21 Nebraska, 66-62, in overtime 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)