Aug 11, 2014, 1:14 PM EST
Josh Jackson led six players in double-figures with 16 points as Team USA shook off an ugly start to steamroll the Phillippines, 124-64, in their final game of group play at the U17 World Championships.
Jackson added 11 points and five assists, while Malik Newman, Terrence Ferguson, Diamond Stone, Henry Ellenson and Harry Giles all scored between 12 and 16 points.
The Phillippines never had a chance in this one, as they were at a severe height-disadvantage at every position. If we’re being frank, they were actually lucky to stay within 60 points, as the Americans missed a number of dunks and layups throughout the game. This might have been the worst of the three games that Team USA played thus far in the tournament. Last Friday, they knocked off Greece before rolling over Angola on Saturday.
The Americans will advance to face Japan in the Round of 16 on Tuesday.
Here is a box score from Monday’s games:
Jan 28, 2015, 11:17 AM EST
A thrilling top ten battle highlights the night.
Jan 28, 2015, 10:25 AM EST
You know what Michigan doesn’t need? More injuries.
Jan 28, 2015, 9:16 AM EST
We have heard Renardo Sidney say he is a changed man before. He explains why a two-year hiatus from basketball has changed him.
Late Night Snacks: Florida, Xavier, West Virginia earn good road wins; VCU rolls past George Washington
Jan 27, 2015, 11:35 PM EST
Xavier and West Virginia earned nice conference road wins while VCU rolled over George Washington.
Jan 27, 2015, 11:16 PM EST
Florida needed this win badly. Dorian Finney-Smith dunked them there.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:55 PM EST
Wyoming’s Riley Grabau banked in a buzzer-beater from long distance to end the first half against Utah State.
Jan 27, 2015, 10:15 PM EST
Virginia Tech’s Adam Smith is Tuesday night’s hero.
Jan 27, 2015, 7:15 PM EST
South Florida is still without its most productive player after after he went into the hospital with chest pains this weekend.
Jan 27, 2015, 6:00 PM EST
Colorado gets another guard in the 2016 class.
Akron to play second-annual ‘Purple Out’ in purple uniforms to help raise pancreatic cancer awareness
Jan 27, 2015, 5:00 PM EST
Akron is having its second-annual “Purple Out” against Ball State to help raise pancreatic cancer awareness.
Jan 27, 2015, 4:00 PM EST
You sometimes forget just how good some of the Duke guards were throughout the years. Here’s a reminder.
Jan 27, 2015, 3:33 PM EST
Hugh Greenwood made headlines last week for responding to an online troll.
Jan 27, 2015, 2:16 PM EST
Coach K is the best.
Jan 27, 2015, 1:40 PM EST
It should be an entertaining night for college hoops.
Jan 27, 2015, 12:00 PM EST
Can you guess who the most important player in program history was?
Jan 27, 2015, 10:59 AM EST
Justice started seven games this season.
Jan 27, 2015, 9:16 AM EST
DePaul may have to reschedule their trip to Providence.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:45 PM EST
North Carolina and Iowa State earned conference home wins on Monday night.
Jan 26, 2015, 11:22 PM EST
Iowa State bounced back from a loss against Texas Tech with a big home win over Texas.
Jan 26, 2015, 10:00 PM EST
UCLA should get a boost in practice with the addition of a four-star freshman forward to its roster.
- Heartbreak fuels Renardo Sidney’s new sense of purpose 1
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- Iowa’s Fran McCaffery on Dan Dakich’s criticism of a player: ‘He’s a TV guy. If he was a coach, he’d be coaching’ (5)
- Two former North Carolina athletes sue school, NCAA over academic scandal (4)