Aug 11, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Coming off of a national championship in 2013-14, the UConn Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie will look to repeat by preparing for the American with a difficult non-conference schedule, according to a release from the school.
Besides a few games at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off in November, the Shabazz Napier-less Huskies also have a neutral site game against Duke and its loaded recruiting class in December as well as January road games at Florida and Stanford.
The game against Stanford on January 17th should be particularly fun as it matches up two really good senior guards in the Cardinal’s Chasson Randle and UConn’s Ryan Boatright. The two seniors were co-Mr. Basketball in Illinois in 2011 and are two of the better senior guards in the country this season.
UConn will also have to limit some tough front-court players like Duke’s Jahlil Okafor and Florida’s Chris Walker next season.
Here’s the full non-conference slate:
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)