Aug 11, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Coming off of a national championship in 2013-14, the UConn Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie will look to repeat by preparing for the American with a difficult non-conference schedule, according to a release from the school.
Besides a few games at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off in November, the Shabazz Napier-less Huskies also have a neutral site game against Duke and its loaded recruiting class in December as well as January road games at Florida and Stanford.
The game against Stanford on January 17th should be particularly fun as it matches up two really good senior guards in the Cardinal’s Chasson Randle and UConn’s Ryan Boatright. The two seniors were co-Mr. Basketball in Illinois in 2011 and are two of the better senior guards in the country this season.
UConn will also have to limit some tough front-court players like Duke’s Jahlil Okafor and Florida’s Chris Walker next season.
Here’s the full non-conference slate:
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Everything you need to know about the College Hoops Tip-Off Marathon 0
- Bill Self says Cheick Diallo could wait ‘at least another month’ for eligibility ruling (12)
- Winona State coach Mike Leaf resigned after player accused him of making drunken sexual advances (6)
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Tulsa gets 2016 commitment from former Wichita State guard (2)
- Nike and Under Armour host showcase events as the Shoe Wars continue to heat up (2)