Aug 11, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Coming off of a national championship in 2013-14, the UConn Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie will look to repeat by preparing for the American with a difficult non-conference schedule, according to a release from the school.
Besides a few games at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off in November, the Shabazz Napier-less Huskies also have a neutral site game against Duke and its loaded recruiting class in December as well as January road games at Florida and Stanford.
The game against Stanford on January 17th should be particularly fun as it matches up two really good senior guards in the Cardinal’s Chasson Randle and UConn’s Ryan Boatright. The two seniors were co-Mr. Basketball in Illinois in 2011 and are two of the better senior guards in the country this season.
UConn will also have to limit some tough front-court players like Duke’s Jahlil Okafor and Florida’s Chris Walker next season.
Here’s the full non-conference slate:
- Briante Weber suffers season-ending knee injury in No. 14 VCU’s loss to Richmond 0
- No. 4 Duke ends No. 2 Virginia’s unbeaten season 1
- Foul line, offensive rebounding aid No. 13 Louisville’s comeback effort 0
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 4 Duke rebounds to beat No. 2 Virginia, and No. 8 Notre Dame falls 0
- No. 8 Notre Dame upset by Pitt 1
- Auburn coach Bruce Pearl greeted with cheers during first return to Tennessee (VIDEO) 1
- Rick Pitino on Terry Rozier’s impending NBA Draft decision: ‘He’s not coming back’ 0
- Duke dismisses reserve shooting guard from program (13)
- Bill Self on the loss of Kansas-Missouri rivalry: ‘It hasn’t been great’ (8)
- Jerian Grant, No. 8 Notre Dame erase another double-digit deficit as they beat No. 4 Duke (7)
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s (4)
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man (4)