Aug 11, 2014, 6:45 PM EST
Coming off of a national championship in 2013-14, the UConn Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie will look to repeat by preparing for the American with a difficult non-conference schedule, according to a release from the school.
Besides a few games at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off in November, the Shabazz Napier-less Huskies also have a neutral site game against Duke and its loaded recruiting class in December as well as January road games at Florida and Stanford.
The game against Stanford on January 17th should be particularly fun as it matches up two really good senior guards in the Cardinal’s Chasson Randle and UConn’s Ryan Boatright. The two seniors were co-Mr. Basketball in Illinois in 2011 and are two of the better senior guards in the country this season.
UConn will also have to limit some tough front-court players like Duke’s Jahlil Okafor and Florida’s Chris Walker next season.
Here’s the full non-conference slate:
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 0
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)