Aug 11, 2014, 6:45 PM EDT
Coming off of a national championship in 2013-14, the UConn Huskies and head coach Kevin Ollie will look to repeat by preparing for the American with a difficult non-conference schedule, according to a release from the school.
Besides a few games at the Puerto Rico Tip-Off in November, the Shabazz Napier-less Huskies also have a neutral site game against Duke and its loaded recruiting class in December as well as January road games at Florida and Stanford.
The game against Stanford on January 17th should be particularly fun as it matches up two really good senior guards in the Cardinal’s Chasson Randle and UConn’s Ryan Boatright. The two seniors were co-Mr. Basketball in Illinois in 2011 and are two of the better senior guards in the country this season.
UConn will also have to limit some tough front-court players like Duke’s Jahlil Okafor and Florida’s Chris Walker next season.
Here’s the full non-conference slate:
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 1
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)