Aug 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EST
Colorado State has added themselves a point guard.
Antwan Scott, a 6-foot-1 point guard who spent the past season at Grambling, is headed to Fort Collins to play for the Rams. Scott averaged 15.7 points, 4.7 boards and 3.8 assists for the Tigers last season. He picked Larry Eustachy’s club over Tennessee. Scott should battle another transfer, John Gillon, for the starting point guard spot vacated when Jon Octeus left the program.
“Coach (Larry) Eustachy is one of the best one’s doing it right now, to be honest,” Scott told The News Star. “It was tough, man. Tennessee is a great place. It’s an amazing place. My heart is with Colorado State.”
Scott has bounced around quite a bit in his collegiate career. He spent two seasons at Ranger College in Texas before transferring to Idaho. But before he suited up for the Vandals, he left to transfer to Grambling to be closer to his ailing mother, who passed away last year. He sat out the 2012-2013 season as a transfer and played this past season, enduring a 5-52 record in the two years that he was in Louisiana.
Scott will be eligible to play in 2014-2015 and could push for a starting spot in Colorado State’s back court. The Rams, already considered a sleeper in the Mountain West, got better with this addition.
- The ‘Chaminade Crew’ and how Jonathan Holmes has changed the culture of Texas hoops 0
- Early struggles of Syracuse, Kaleb Joseph example of the downside of early entry 0
- UPDATE: Texas loses starting point guard to left wrist injury, out 4-6 weeks 0
- Burning Questions: Who’s poised to surprise (or disappoint) people in the Big Ten? 1
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb 29
- Burning Questions: Who will be this year’s surprise freshman standout? 0
- After getting embarrassed by No. 1 Kentucky, where does No. 5 Kansas go from here? 3
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (29)
- No. 1 Kentucky’s size, depth overwhelms No. 5 Kansas, makes 40-0 seem possible? (5)
- No. 1 Kentucky survives Buffalo despite ugly effort offensively (4)
- Pregame Shootaround: No. 14 Iowa State needs to be on upset alert tonight (3)
- Miami upsets No. 8 Florida thanks to the Angel Rodriguez takeover (3)