Aug 12, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
On Tuesday night, Skal Labissiere, a 6-foot-11 five-star center, tweeted out his final six schools. Baylor, Georgetown, Kentucky, Memphis, North Carolina and Tennessee made the cut.
The most interesting school not on the list? Ole Miss.
It was reported earlier on Tuesday that Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy still has an assistant coaching spot open on his staff. The plan was to hire Labissiere’s guardian, Gerald Hamilton, in an effort to land a commitment from the highly-regarded center. Rob Dauster wrote about it here.
That wasn’t the only news evening surrounding Labissiere on Tuesday evening. According to John Martin, who writes of ESPN 92.9, a radio affiliate in Memphis, Labissiere could be leaving his Memphis prep school, Evangelical Christian School for another city private school, Lausanne Collegiate School.
While he is down to six programs, he may have another option after his senior season. Emmanuel Mudiay signed with Guangdong Dragons for $1.2 million instead of attending SMU for one season. That happened last month. Labissiere later made headlines by saying he would consider playing overseas rather than go to college during the July live recruiting period in Las Vegas.
Labissiere is regarded as the No. 14 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- Right wrist injury to sideline Maryland senior wing four weeks 0
- Bronson Koenig, Duje Dukan step forward in No. 2 Wisconsin’s win over Georgetown 0
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 1
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Penn State unveils new uniforms for next two games (6)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)