Aug 12, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
On Tuesday night, Skal Labissiere, a 6-foot-11 five-star center, tweeted out his final six schools. Baylor, Georgetown, Kentucky, Memphis, North Carolina and Tennessee made the cut.
The most interesting school not on the list? Ole Miss.
It was reported earlier on Tuesday that Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy still has an assistant coaching spot open on his staff. The plan was to hire Labissiere’s guardian, Gerald Hamilton, in an effort to land a commitment from the highly-regarded center. Rob Dauster wrote about it here.
That wasn’t the only news evening surrounding Labissiere on Tuesday evening. According to John Martin, who writes of ESPN 92.9, a radio affiliate in Memphis, Labissiere could be leaving his Memphis prep school, Evangelical Christian School for another city private school, Lausanne Collegiate School.
While he is down to six programs, he may have another option after his senior season. Emmanuel Mudiay signed with Guangdong Dragons for $1.2 million instead of attending SMU for one season. That happened last month. Labissiere later made headlines by saying he would consider playing overseas rather than go to college during the July live recruiting period in Las Vegas.
Labissiere is regarded as the No. 14 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- Gregg Marshall to remain at Wichita State, won’t visit Alabama 0
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 5
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)