Aug 12, 2014, 10:41 PM EST
On Tuesday night, Skal Labissiere, a 6-foot-11 five-star center, tweeted out his final six schools. Baylor, Georgetown, Kentucky, Memphis, North Carolina and Tennessee made the cut.
The most interesting school not on the list? Ole Miss.
It was reported earlier on Tuesday that Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy still has an assistant coaching spot open on his staff. The plan was to hire Labissiere’s guardian, Gerald Hamilton, in an effort to land a commitment from the highly-regarded center. Rob Dauster wrote about it here.
That wasn’t the only news evening surrounding Labissiere on Tuesday evening. According to John Martin, who writes of ESPN 92.9, a radio affiliate in Memphis, Labissiere could be leaving his Memphis prep school, Evangelical Christian School for another city private school, Lausanne Collegiate School.
While he is down to six programs, he may have another option after his senior season. Emmanuel Mudiay signed with Guangdong Dragons for $1.2 million instead of attending SMU for one season. That happened last month. Labissiere later made headlines by saying he would consider playing overseas rather than go to college during the July live recruiting period in Las Vegas.
Labissiere is regarded as the No. 14 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)