Aug 12, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
On Tuesday night, Skal Labissiere, a 6-foot-11 five-star center, tweeted out his final six schools. Baylor, Georgetown, Kentucky, Memphis, North Carolina and Tennessee made the cut.
The most interesting school not on the list? Ole Miss.
It was reported earlier on Tuesday that Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy still has an assistant coaching spot open on his staff. The plan was to hire Labissiere’s guardian, Gerald Hamilton, in an effort to land a commitment from the highly-regarded center. Rob Dauster wrote about it here.
That wasn’t the only news evening surrounding Labissiere on Tuesday evening. According to John Martin, who writes of ESPN 92.9, a radio affiliate in Memphis, Labissiere could be leaving his Memphis prep school, Evangelical Christian School for another city private school, Lausanne Collegiate School.
While he is down to six programs, he may have another option after his senior season. Emmanuel Mudiay signed with Guangdong Dragons for $1.2 million instead of attending SMU for one season. That happened last month. Labissiere later made headlines by saying he would consider playing overseas rather than go to college during the July live recruiting period in Las Vegas.
Labissiere is regarded as the No. 14 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)