Aug 12, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
On Tuesday night, Skal Labissiere, a 6-foot-11 five-star center, tweeted out his final six schools. Baylor, Georgetown, Kentucky, Memphis, North Carolina and Tennessee made the cut.
The most interesting school not on the list? Ole Miss.
It was reported earlier on Tuesday that Ole Miss head coach Andy Kennedy still has an assistant coaching spot open on his staff. The plan was to hire Labissiere’s guardian, Gerald Hamilton, in an effort to land a commitment from the highly-regarded center. Rob Dauster wrote about it here.
That wasn’t the only news evening surrounding Labissiere on Tuesday evening. According to John Martin, who writes of ESPN 92.9, a radio affiliate in Memphis, Labissiere could be leaving his Memphis prep school, Evangelical Christian School for another city private school, Lausanne Collegiate School.
While he is down to six programs, he may have another option after his senior season. Emmanuel Mudiay signed with Guangdong Dragons for $1.2 million instead of attending SMU for one season. That happened last month. Labissiere later made headlines by saying he would consider playing overseas rather than go to college during the July live recruiting period in Las Vegas.
Labissiere is regarded as the No. 14 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players in the Class of 2007? 0
- Re-ranking the recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2006? 0
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2005? 1
- Re-ranking recruiting classes: Who are the 25 best players from the Class of 2004? 2
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season 4
- Who are the names to watch for the 2016 NBA Draft? 2
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings (18)
- Cliff Alexander, Aaron Harrison among early entrants not selected Thursday night (6)
- 2015 NBA Draft: The six biggest question marks moving forward (5)
- Bo Ryan to retire from Wisconsin after next season (4)
- NBA Draft Winners: Seven teams that should be happy with their draft (3)