Aug 12, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
It’s been an eventful two weeks for 2014 power forward Ray Kasongo. It began on July 30 when he was not admitted to the University of Oregon. As his recruitment reopened he keyed in on three programs. A week later and none of those teams remain in the picture. However, according to a report on Tuesday, the former Duck commit is down to two schools.
Kasongo is down to Indiana and LSU, Kasongo’s mentor, Brandon Bender, told Jordan Littman of InsidetheHall.com.
The 6-foot-9 power forward will visit Indiana as early as Sunday. The Hoosiers are wrapping up their five-game Canadian tour in Quebec this week. Indiana is playing without its only inside presence, Hanner Mosquera-Perea. Tom Crean still has a scholarship offer available for this season and is looking to add a player to his frontline. On Tuesday, it was reported that Emmitt Holt, a 6-foot-7 forward, intends to visit Indiana next week. Holt had elected to do a postgraduate year at Vermont Academy, but is still a member of the Class of 2014.
Kasongo could visit LSU this week, a source to Adam Zagoria. The Tigers lost leading scorer Johnny O’Bryant to an early entry. However, head coach Johnny Jones brings back rising sophomores Jordan Mickey and Jarell Martin, both of whom averaged double figures last season. Elbert Robinson, a four-star 7-foot-1 center, joins the program, and has slimmed down considerably this summer.
After being denied admission to Oregon, Kasongo visited Kansas while Cal and Memphis were reportedly in the mix.
Kasongo was rated as a three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 0
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)