Aug 12, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
It’s been an eventful two weeks for 2014 power forward Ray Kasongo. It began on July 30 when he was not admitted to the University of Oregon. As his recruitment reopened he keyed in on three programs. A week later and none of those teams remain in the picture. However, according to a report on Tuesday, the former Duck commit is down to two schools.
Kasongo is down to Indiana and LSU, Kasongo’s mentor, Brandon Bender, told Jordan Littman of InsidetheHall.com.
The 6-foot-9 power forward will visit Indiana as early as Sunday. The Hoosiers are wrapping up their five-game Canadian tour in Quebec this week. Indiana is playing without its only inside presence, Hanner Mosquera-Perea. Tom Crean still has a scholarship offer available for this season and is looking to add a player to his frontline. On Tuesday, it was reported that Emmitt Holt, a 6-foot-7 forward, intends to visit Indiana next week. Holt had elected to do a postgraduate year at Vermont Academy, but is still a member of the Class of 2014.
Kasongo could visit LSU this week, a source to Adam Zagoria. The Tigers lost leading scorer Johnny O’Bryant to an early entry. However, head coach Johnny Jones brings back rising sophomores Jordan Mickey and Jarell Martin, both of whom averaged double figures last season. Elbert Robinson, a four-star 7-foot-1 center, joins the program, and has slimmed down considerably this summer.
After being denied admission to Oregon, Kasongo visited Kansas while Cal and Memphis were reportedly in the mix.
Kasongo was rated as a three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 1
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 5
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)