Aug 12, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
It’s been an eventful two weeks for 2014 power forward Ray Kasongo. It began on July 30 when he was not admitted to the University of Oregon. As his recruitment reopened he keyed in on three programs. A week later and none of those teams remain in the picture. However, according to a report on Tuesday, the former Duck commit is down to two schools.
Kasongo is down to Indiana and LSU, Kasongo’s mentor, Brandon Bender, told Jordan Littman of InsidetheHall.com.
The 6-foot-9 power forward will visit Indiana as early as Sunday. The Hoosiers are wrapping up their five-game Canadian tour in Quebec this week. Indiana is playing without its only inside presence, Hanner Mosquera-Perea. Tom Crean still has a scholarship offer available for this season and is looking to add a player to his frontline. On Tuesday, it was reported that Emmitt Holt, a 6-foot-7 forward, intends to visit Indiana next week. Holt had elected to do a postgraduate year at Vermont Academy, but is still a member of the Class of 2014.
Kasongo could visit LSU this week, a source to Adam Zagoria. The Tigers lost leading scorer Johnny O’Bryant to an early entry. However, head coach Johnny Jones brings back rising sophomores Jordan Mickey and Jarell Martin, both of whom averaged double figures last season. Elbert Robinson, a four-star 7-foot-1 center, joins the program, and has slimmed down considerably this summer.
After being denied admission to Oregon, Kasongo visited Kansas while Cal and Memphis were reportedly in the mix.
Kasongo was rated as a three-star recruit, according to Rivals.
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 1
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 1
- Potential Cinderellas you want to win their automatic bid 2
- Virginia’s Justin Anderson could return as early as Saturday 0
- Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- No. 9 Kansas rallies to beat No. 20 West Virginia in OT but injury to Perry Ellis is major concern 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how bad was Indiana’s loss to Iowa? 1
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (24)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (13)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (10)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)