Aug 12, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
During the season, college basketball fans saw Green Bay guard Keifer Sykes defy gravity to convert alley-oops like this one here from January in a Horizon League game against UIC.
Earlier this week at the CP3 Elite Guard Camp, the 5-foot-11 Sykes didn’t need a teammate to throw him an alley-oop. I’ll let the video explain.
Sykes is more than just a freak athlete. He averaged 20.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game as a junior for the Phoenix. Aside from being one of the top scorers in the Horizon League, he led Green Bay to the top of the conference standings. However, the Phoenix’s NCAA tournament hopes were dashed by Milwaukee. With Sykes as one of several key returners, Green Bay should once again be one of the top mid-major teams in the country this season.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)