Aug 12, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
During the season, college basketball fans saw Green Bay guard Keifer Sykes defy gravity to convert alley-oops like this one here from January in a Horizon League game against UIC.
Earlier this week at the CP3 Elite Guard Camp, the 5-foot-11 Sykes didn’t need a teammate to throw him an alley-oop. I’ll let the video explain.
Sykes is more than just a freak athlete. He averaged 20.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game as a junior for the Phoenix. Aside from being one of the top scorers in the Horizon League, he led Green Bay to the top of the conference standings. However, the Phoenix’s NCAA tournament hopes were dashed by Milwaukee. With Sykes as one of several key returners, Green Bay should once again be one of the top mid-major teams in the country this season.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)