Aug 12, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
During the season, college basketball fans saw Green Bay guard Keifer Sykes defy gravity to convert alley-oops like this one here from January in a Horizon League game against UIC.
Earlier this week at the CP3 Elite Guard Camp, the 5-foot-11 Sykes didn’t need a teammate to throw him an alley-oop. I’ll let the video explain.
Sykes is more than just a freak athlete. He averaged 20.3 points, 4.4 rebounds and 4.9 assists per game as a junior for the Phoenix. Aside from being one of the top scorers in the Horizon League, he led Green Bay to the top of the conference standings. However, the Phoenix’s NCAA tournament hopes were dashed by Milwaukee. With Sykes as one of several key returners, Green Bay should once again be one of the top mid-major teams in the country this season.
- St. John’s seniors say they ‘grew up’ against Minnesota, but have they? 0
- The little things made a big difference in No. 3 Arizona’s win over No. 15 San Diego State 0
- Butler upsets No. 5 North Carolina in Battle 4 Atlantis opener 2
- If No. 12 Villanova doesn’t have a star on their roster, no one told JayVaughn Pinkston 0
- JayVaughn Pinkston’s block gives No. 12 Villanova a win over No. 19 Michigan (VIDEO) 2
- Maryland upsets No. 13 Iowa State as fearless freshmen mix with gritty veterans for balanced effort 3
- Rondae Hollis-Jefferson’s selflessness during the Maui Invitational will help No. 3 Arizona in the long run 0
- Poll: 54 percent of people think Kentucky beats the 76ers, 54 percent of people are dumb (31)
- Villanova’s win is evidence of why VCU may have peaked as a basketball program (14)
- Michigan’s John Beilein rips ESPN for late tip time during Tuesday’s loss (13)
- Rick Pitino on blow out win: ‘We played four white guys and an Egyptian’ (12)
- College Basketball Talk’s latest top 25: Kentucky reigns, but how far will Kansas, Florida slide? (5)