Aug 13, 2014, 6:36 PM EST
Just under two weeks ago, 6-foot-5 guard Damien Wilson made the decision to transfer from Memphis after playing sparingly in his first two seasons as a Tiger. The Atlanta native has reportedly found a new school, with Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com reporting Wednesday that Wilson has decided to transfer to Kennesaw State. After sitting out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, Wilson would have two years of eligibility remaining.
Wilson played in just 43 games during his two years at Memphis, playing an average of 5.8 minutes per game. His best offensive outing as a Tiger came during his sophomore season, as he scored nine points in Memphis’ season-opening win over Austin Peay. Wilson’s a very good athlete who was rated amongst the top 20 shooting in the Class of 2012 by Rivals.com.
He joins a program now led by head coach Jimmy Lallathin, who took over as interim head coach for Lewis Preston in early January with the interim tag being removed shortly after the end of the 2013-14 season.
The Owls, who finished the 2013-14 season with a 6-25 record (3-15 Atlantic Sun), return three of their top four scorers from last season led by senior guard Delbert Love. Kennesaw State recently completed a summer trip to Italy, where they won three of the four games they played.
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 0
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 4
- Bubble Banter: Wild night in the Atlantic 10, Indiana in trouble? 0
- Wisconsin’s loss to Maryland a massive blow, but not for the reasons you think 4
- Bubble Banter: N.C. State lands a critical win, Texas loses … again 2
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (12)
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Is Ohio State asking too much of freshman sensation D’Angelo Russell? (8)