Aug 13, 2014, 6:36 PM EDT
Just under two weeks ago, 6-foot-5 guard Damien Wilson made the decision to transfer from Memphis after playing sparingly in his first two seasons as a Tiger. The Atlanta native has reportedly found a new school, with Jon Rothstein of CBSSports.com reporting Wednesday that Wilson has decided to transfer to Kennesaw State. After sitting out the 2014-15 season per NCAA transfer rules, Wilson would have two years of eligibility remaining.
Wilson played in just 43 games during his two years at Memphis, playing an average of 5.8 minutes per game. His best offensive outing as a Tiger came during his sophomore season, as he scored nine points in Memphis’ season-opening win over Austin Peay. Wilson’s a very good athlete who was rated amongst the top 20 shooting in the Class of 2012 by Rivals.com.
He joins a program now led by head coach Jimmy Lallathin, who took over as interim head coach for Lewis Preston in early January with the interim tag being removed shortly after the end of the 2013-14 season.
The Owls, who finished the 2013-14 season with a 6-25 record (3-15 Atlantic Sun), return three of their top four scorers from last season led by senior guard Delbert Love. Kennesaw State recently completed a summer trip to Italy, where they won three of the four games they played.
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- A key piece for Providence is cleared for full-contact practice 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 8
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (5)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)