Aug 13, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Jermaine Lawrence will be eligible to play for Manhattan during the 2014-2015 season, Jasper head coach Steve Masiello announced on Wednesday.
Lawrence was a five-star recruit in the Class of 2013, spending a season at Cincinnati after being recruited by the likes of Kansas, UCLA and Syracuse. He averaged 2.8 points and 2.9 boards in a season that was limited by a toe injury before opting to transfer back to his native New York.
Lawrence will join a front line that includes Ashton Pankey and Emmy Andujar. If he’s motivated, he should become one of the best big men in the conference and give the Jaspers a front line that can compete with just about anyone. The back court will be a question mark, as George Beamon and Michael Alvarado are gone, as is Rhamel Brown. Junior Shane Richards and sophomore Rich Williams should see an increase in minutes there.
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? 4
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 3
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 5
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 2
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (8)
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season (5)