Aug 13, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Jermaine Lawrence will be eligible to play for Manhattan during the 2014-2015 season, Jasper head coach Steve Masiello announced on Wednesday.
Lawrence was a five-star recruit in the Class of 2013, spending a season at Cincinnati after being recruited by the likes of Kansas, UCLA and Syracuse. He averaged 2.8 points and 2.9 boards in a season that was limited by a toe injury before opting to transfer back to his native New York.
Lawrence will join a front line that includes Ashton Pankey and Emmy Andujar. If he’s motivated, he should become one of the best big men in the conference and give the Jaspers a front line that can compete with just about anyone. The back court will be a question mark, as George Beamon and Michael Alvarado are gone, as is Rhamel Brown. Junior Shane Richards and sophomore Rich Williams should see an increase in minutes there.
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ 7
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan 4
- Thoughts on Antonio Blakeney, shoe companies and decommitments 1
- Top prospect in Class of 2014 signs endorsement deal with Under Armour 1
- Five-star shooting guard Antonio Blakeney decommits from Louisville 3
- Richard Pitino warns Minnesota fans not to trust his dad before Louisville opener 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: UConn and Arizona land 2015 big men, 2015 commitments flying off the board 0
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (7)
- Former Indiana guard A.J. Guyton writes an open letter to Bob Knight (6)
- USA Basketball, Mike Krzyzewski and thoughts on today’s ‘takedown’ (4)
- Big Blue Nation already camping out for Big Blue Madness? (PHOTO) (4)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (4)