Aug 13, 2014, 1:02 PM EST
Jermaine Lawrence will be eligible to play for Manhattan during the 2014-2015 season, Jasper head coach Steve Masiello announced on Wednesday.
Lawrence was a five-star recruit in the Class of 2013, spending a season at Cincinnati after being recruited by the likes of Kansas, UCLA and Syracuse. He averaged 2.8 points and 2.9 boards in a season that was limited by a toe injury before opting to transfer back to his native New York.
Lawrence will join a front line that includes Ashton Pankey and Emmy Andujar. If he’s motivated, he should become one of the best big men in the conference and give the Jaspers a front line that can compete with just about anyone. The back court will be a question mark, as George Beamon and Michael Alvarado are gone, as is Rhamel Brown. Junior Shane Richards and sophomore Rich Williams should see an increase in minutes there.
- Bubble Banter: Davidson with a big win, Stanford in trouble, and … VCU? 0
- Justin Anderson out this weekend after undergoing appendectomy 0
- West Coast Conference Tournament Preview and Postseason Awards 0
- Film Session: Who can actually beat Kentucky and why 0
- Potential NCAA tournament bid thieves bubble teams should be rooting against 2
- Bubble Banter: Why LSU losing is bad news for Texas A&M 2
- Bonzie Colson continues hot streak as No. 12 Notre Dame wins at No. 16 Louisville 2
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: How far will Wisconsin and Gonzaga fall? (26)
- You Make the Call: Was Texas guard Isaiah Taylor fouled on this drive? (16)
- Mike Krzyzewski refuses comment on Rasheed Sulaimon sexual assault allegations (11)
- Bracketology: Villanova takes ahold of the fourth No. 1 seed (9)
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives (8)