Aug 13, 2014, 1:02 PM EDT
Jermaine Lawrence will be eligible to play for Manhattan during the 2014-2015 season, Jasper head coach Steve Masiello announced on Wednesday.
Lawrence was a five-star recruit in the Class of 2013, spending a season at Cincinnati after being recruited by the likes of Kansas, UCLA and Syracuse. He averaged 2.8 points and 2.9 boards in a season that was limited by a toe injury before opting to transfer back to his native New York.
Lawrence will join a front line that includes Ashton Pankey and Emmy Andujar. If he’s motivated, he should become one of the best big men in the conference and give the Jaspers a front line that can compete with just about anyone. The back court will be a question mark, as George Beamon and Michael Alvarado are gone, as is Rhamel Brown. Junior Shane Richards and sophomore Rich Williams should see an increase in minutes there.
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 1
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 2
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 4
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 22
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 13
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)