Aug 13, 2014, 2:51 PM EDT
Mike Krzyzewski, the head coach for Duke and Team USA, accepted the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge on Wednesday, allowing his grandchildren to dump a couple of coolers full of ice water on his head.
The grandkids were a nice touch, as you can hear one kid in the background saying, “Let’s do it again!” Also, we learned that Coach K is known as ‘Poppy’ to his grandchildren. I’m sure there are a few fans in Chapel Hill and Raleigh that can make use of that tidbit.
Coach K extended the challenge out to the members of Team USA, and if you listen to his challenge, the team will be getting ice water dumped on them by cadets at West Point. That video ought to be fun to make.
Coach K’s performance isn’t quite as impressive as the one Tim Miles of Nebraska put together yesterday, but anyone getting into the mix is doing it for a good cause. Millions have been donated to the pursuit of a cure for ALS in recent weeks.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Which new coaching hires will succeed? 0
- No longer supplementary pieces, two Texans will lead the way at Weber State 0
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: Mid-Major Power Rankings (1)