Aug 14, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
By now many of you are likely aware of the #icebucketchallenge, with participants being doused with a bucket of ice-cold water in an attempt to bring attention to the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). While there have been some skeptics as to how effective the activity would be, according to the ALS Association some $4 million was raised from July 29 to August 12.
Thursday afternoon Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo recorded his accepting of a challenge, with Michigan State football players Connor Cook and Shilique Calhoun doing the honors of pouring ice-cold water on Izzo. And after completing the challenge the person drenched with water can challenge friends to do the same, so Izzo called out close friend Steve Mariucci and Mariucci’s colleagues at the NFL Network.
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Thursday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith and Frank Jackson battle; Lonzo Ball quiets critics; Wendell Carter talks visit 0
- Wednesday Las Vegas Recap: Dennis Smith vs Lonzo Ball; Frank Jackson faces Kobi Simmons 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- 7-foot-6 UCF center Tacko Fall throws down between the legs dunk (VIDEO) (3)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)