Aug 14, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
By now many of you are likely aware of the #icebucketchallenge, with participants being doused with a bucket of ice-cold water in an attempt to bring attention to the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). While there have been some skeptics as to how effective the activity would be, according to the ALS Association some $4 million was raised from July 29 to August 12.
Thursday afternoon Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo recorded his accepting of a challenge, with Michigan State football players Connor Cook and Shilique Calhoun doing the honors of pouring ice-cold water on Izzo. And after completing the challenge the person drenched with water can challenge friends to do the same, so Izzo called out close friend Steve Mariucci and Mariucci’s colleagues at the NFL Network.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)