Aug 14, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
By now many of you are likely aware of the #icebucketchallenge, with participants being doused with a bucket of ice-cold water in an attempt to bring attention to the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). While there have been some skeptics as to how effective the activity would be, according to the ALS Association some $4 million was raised from July 29 to August 12.
Thursday afternoon Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo recorded his accepting of a challenge, with Michigan State football players Connor Cook and Shilique Calhoun doing the honors of pouring ice-cold water on Izzo. And after completing the challenge the person drenched with water can challenge friends to do the same, so Izzo called out close friend Steve Mariucci and Mariucci’s colleagues at the NFL Network.
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Four-star forward becomes Nebraska’s third 2015 commitment 0
- Wake Forest lands four-star point guard in Class of 2015 0
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Boston College, Illinois, LSU have big visitors 0
- Kentucky’s John Calipari offers his thoughts on USA Basketball critiques 0
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference 2
- Jim Boeheim calls Yahoo’s Coach K story ‘completely off-base’ (8)
- Jalen Rose believes Chris Webber should apologize for what happened at Michigan (5)
- Bo Ryan hits golf balls into Wisconsin’s Camp Randall Stadium (PHOTO) (4)
- Watch Kentucky fans sprinting to line up for Big Blue Madness tickets (VIDEO) (2)
- Coach K responds to USA Basketball criticism during press conference (2)