Aug 14, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
By now many of you are likely aware of the #icebucketchallenge, with participants being doused with a bucket of ice-cold water in an attempt to bring attention to the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease). While there have been some skeptics as to how effective the activity would be, according to the ALS Association some $4 million was raised from July 29 to August 12.
Thursday afternoon Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo recorded his accepting of a challenge, with Michigan State football players Connor Cook and Shilique Calhoun doing the honors of pouring ice-cold water on Izzo. And after completing the challenge the person drenched with water can challenge friends to do the same, so Izzo called out close friend Steve Mariucci and Mariucci’s colleagues at the NFL Network.
- No. 15 Iowa State holds on to beat No. 19 Texas 0
- Washington kicks talented shot blocking big man off the team 1
- Tracking The Unbeatens: Virginia’s difficult schedule, and why were Kentucky’s platoons created? 1
- Weekly Awards: D’Angelo Russell’s ascension, Kansas takes the next step 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25 2
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 4
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 4
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (13)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)
- Player of the Year Power Rankings: Jahlil Okafor, Frank Kaminsky are still 1-2 (5)