Aug 14, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
On Thursday, the four schools involved in the Crossroads Classic announced that the event will be extended through the 2019 season.
The Crossroads Classic is an annual event held at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis that features the four biggest programs from the state of Indiana — Indiana, Butler, Notre Dame and Purdue — playing a double-header.
This year’s matchups feature Indiana squaring off with Butler and Purdue taking on Notre Dam. Since Indiana and Purdue are both in the Big Ten, they cannot play each other in the non-conference, meaning that the Bulldogs and the Boilermakers simply swap Big Ten opponents every year.
The event began in 2010.
- Duke lands five-star Class of 2015 wing Brandon Ingram 1
- College basketball’s seven biggest early entry losers for the 2015-2016 season 1
- College basketball’s six biggest early entry winners for the 2015-2016 season 3
- Austin Hatch’s inspirational basketball career has come to a close 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 1
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- Arizona forward Stanley Johnson enters 2015 NBA Draft (3)