Aug 14, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
On Thursday, the four schools involved in the Crossroads Classic announced that the event will be extended through the 2019 season.
The Crossroads Classic is an annual event held at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis that features the four biggest programs from the state of Indiana — Indiana, Butler, Notre Dame and Purdue — playing a double-header.
This year’s matchups feature Indiana squaring off with Butler and Purdue taking on Notre Dam. Since Indiana and Purdue are both in the Big Ten, they cannot play each other in the non-conference, meaning that the Bulldogs and the Boilermakers simply swap Big Ten opponents every year.
The event began in 2010.
- Oklahoma State lands commitment from elite point guard in 2015 0
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)