Aug 14, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
On Thursday, the four schools involved in the Crossroads Classic announced that the event will be extended through the 2019 season.
The Crossroads Classic is an annual event held at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis that features the four biggest programs from the state of Indiana — Indiana, Butler, Notre Dame and Purdue — playing a double-header.
This year’s matchups feature Indiana squaring off with Butler and Purdue taking on Notre Dam. Since Indiana and Purdue are both in the Big Ten, they cannot play each other in the non-conference, meaning that the Bulldogs and the Boilermakers simply swap Big Ten opponents every year.
The event began in 2010.
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 6
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 3
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (3)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)