Aug 14, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
On Thursday, the four schools involved in the Crossroads Classic announced that the event will be extended through the 2019 season.
The Crossroads Classic is an annual event held at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis that features the four biggest programs from the state of Indiana — Indiana, Butler, Notre Dame and Purdue — playing a double-header.
This year’s matchups feature Indiana squaring off with Butler and Purdue taking on Notre Dam. Since Indiana and Purdue are both in the Big Ten, they cannot play each other in the non-conference, meaning that the Bulldogs and the Boilermakers simply swap Big Ten opponents every year.
The event began in 2010.
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- South Dakota State’s Cody Larson thrives despite return home amidst unmet expectations 2
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)