Aug 14, 2014, 3:02 PM EDT
On Thursday, the four schools involved in the Crossroads Classic announced that the event will be extended through the 2019 season.
The Crossroads Classic is an annual event held at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis that features the four biggest programs from the state of Indiana — Indiana, Butler, Notre Dame and Purdue — playing a double-header.
This year’s matchups feature Indiana squaring off with Butler and Purdue taking on Notre Dam. Since Indiana and Purdue are both in the Big Ten, they cannot play each other in the non-conference, meaning that the Bulldogs and the Boilermakers simply swap Big Ten opponents every year.
The event began in 2010.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1