Aug 14, 2014, 11:55 AM EDT
Yesterday, I posted video of Stephen Curry torching Gonzaga, among others, during the 2008 NCAA tournament.
With all due respect to Kemba Walker and Kevin Durant, Curry was the second-most entertaining college basketball player that I’ve watched in the past decade. No. 1 on that list? The Jimmer.
Fredette hasn’t quite found his niche in the NBA yet. It may never happen. But that shouldn’t overshadow just how good this kid was in college. He was a sensation during the 2010-2011 season, leading BYU to a top five ranking while putting up scoring numbers that would make 2K players jealous, hitting threes from ridiculous range and crossing over defenders left and right. The double-crossover that he hits SDSU forward Billy White with at the 3:00 mark of the video above is just filthy.
I specifically remember mining all the illegal streaming sites that I knew to be able to find a version of whatever random channel that he was playing on that was smooth enough to be able to watch. And then I remember sharing that stream with every one of my followers.
Anyway, to pass the time here in August, go ahead and spend the next six minutes watching Jimmer light it up, mixtape-style.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)