Aug 15, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Elijah Thomas, a five-star power forward, set four of his five official visits on Friday evening.
The 6-foot-9 big man will visit LSU, Oklahoma State, Illinois and Texas A&M — in that order — this fall, according to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.
Thomas will start things off in Baton Rouge on Sept. 6. Johnny Jones already has a commitment from the class’s top player, Ben Simmons. Though that front court could use help, as rising sophomore forwards Jarell Martin and Jordan Mickey could both be early entries after this season.
Thomas will follow with a visit to OK State on Sept. 12. Travis Ford enters the 2014-2015 season with a thin frontline with the returning Michael Cobbins. The Cowboys’ Class of 2015 currently features Serge Ibaka’s younger brother, Igor, a junior college power forward. The following weekend, Sept. 19, Thomas will be at Illinois. John Groce’s Class of 2015 is off to a good start with a pair of four-star commits. Thomas will remain in-state for the last of his four scheduled visits, as he head to Texas A&M.
[UPDATE]: On Sunday, Thomas set his fifth official visit, telling Goodman he will be on the SMU campus on Oct. 3 before he heads to A&M. Last week, Thomas announced his six finalists. UNLV is the one finalist not to receive an official visit.
Thomas is rated as the No. 11 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 5
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (9)
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (5)