Aug 15, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Elijah Thomas, a five-star power forward, set four of his five official visits on Friday evening.
The 6-foot-9 big man will visit LSU, Oklahoma State, Illinois and Texas A&M — in that order — this fall, according to Jeff Goodman of ESPN.
Thomas will start things off in Baton Rouge on Sept. 6. Johnny Jones already has a commitment from the class’s top player, Ben Simmons. Though that front court could use help, as rising sophomore forwards Jarell Martin and Jordan Mickey could both be early entries after this season.
Thomas will follow with a visit to OK State on Sept. 12. Travis Ford enters the 2014-2015 season with a thin frontline with the returning Michael Cobbins. The Cowboys’ Class of 2015 currently features Serge Ibaka’s younger brother, Igor, a junior college power forward. The following weekend, Sept. 19, Thomas will be at Illinois. John Groce’s Class of 2015 is off to a good start with a pair of four-star commits. Thomas will remain in-state for the last of his four scheduled visits, as he head to Texas A&M.
[UPDATE]: On Sunday, Thomas set his fifth official visit, telling Goodman he will be on the SMU campus on Oct. 3 before he heads to A&M. Last week, Thomas announced his six finalists. UNLV is the one finalist not to receive an official visit.
Thomas is rated as the No. 11 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four 31
- Sam Dekker, Frank Kaminsky catch fire as No. 1 Wisconsin beats No. 2 Arizona 7
- Rick Barnes is no longer the head coach at Texas 10
- Frank Kaminsky’s growth results in individual and team benefits for No. 1 Wisconsin 3
- Tourney Snacks: Duke-Gonzaga, Louisville-Michigan State advance to Elite 8 11
- No. 1 Duke advances to Elite 8 with win over No. 5 Utah 2
- No. 2 Gonzaga gets past No. 11 UCLA to advance to Elite 8 2
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (42)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten, SEC champions headed to Indy (25)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (20)