Aug 15, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Derrick Jones, a four-star small forward in the Class of 2015, set a list of his nine finalists on Thursday.
Arizona, Auburn, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, UConn and UNLV remain in the running for the Philadelphia product, Jones’ father told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv on Thursday night.
The high-level athlete had impressive July live period, scoring 31 points in a game at the Reebok Breakout Challenge in Philadelphia during the first live period. The next week, the 6-foot-6 wing, led his WE-R1 team to the Under Armour Finals title in Atlanta. In 11 games in the Under Armour Association, he averaged a team-high 12.9 points to go along with 4.8 rebounds per game.
At the Reebok Breakout Challenge, he showed an improved offensive game, as Rob Dauster noted.
“Honestly, Derrick’s always had the talent to do it all. Derrick’s an unselfish basketball player,” Derrick Jones Sr. told Ari Rosenfeld of CityofBasketballLove.com. “Going into the summer he’s adapted and said ‘I have to take more, I have to do more.’ Just working on his jump shot more, working on his handle more. I’m watching the kid everyday come home and go out back and work, go to the park and work. He’s really dedicated and really wants to be at that level. I really know in my heart that he belongs.”
Jones Sr. told Rosenfeld he expects his son to make a decision after his senior season.
Jones, who plays his high school ball at Archbishop John Carroll High, is listed as the No. 33 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- John Calipari hiring an analytics director is smart, necessary, strictly for his players 0
- Marcus Smart’s mom reportedly hospitalized the day he shoved Texas Tech fan 0
- Four-star point guard verbally commits to Clemson 0
- Top 2015 and 2016 prospects comment on high school-to-pro move in new report 0
- Four-star 2015 shooting guard commits to Illinois 0
- Florida State gets commitment from 7-foot-4 2015 center 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Nebraska invades Chicago, Wake Forest lands big recruit, Wisconsin gets another system fit 0
- Wichita State gets commitment from three-star 2015 point guard (2)
- Three-star point guard down to Maryland, Providence, UNLV and Virginia Tech (1)
- Former SMU commit picks Michigan State (1)
- Alex Poythress dunks over 7-foot Dakari Johnson (VIDEO) (1)
- Sean Miller gives update on Arizona forward Brandon Ashley (1)