Aug 15, 2014, 6:00 PM EDT
Derrick Jones, a four-star small forward in the Class of 2015, set a list of his nine finalists on Thursday.
Arizona, Auburn, Florida, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, North Carolina, UConn and UNLV remain in the running for the Philadelphia product, Jones’ father told Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv on Thursday night.
The high-level athlete had impressive July live period, scoring 31 points in a game at the Reebok Breakout Challenge in Philadelphia during the first live period. The next week, the 6-foot-6 wing, led his WE-R1 team to the Under Armour Finals title in Atlanta. In 11 games in the Under Armour Association, he averaged a team-high 12.9 points to go along with 4.8 rebounds per game.
At the Reebok Breakout Challenge, he showed an improved offensive game, as Rob Dauster noted.
“Honestly, Derrick’s always had the talent to do it all. Derrick’s an unselfish basketball player,” Derrick Jones Sr. told Ari Rosenfeld of CityofBasketballLove.com. “Going into the summer he’s adapted and said ‘I have to take more, I have to do more.’ Just working on his jump shot more, working on his handle more. I’m watching the kid everyday come home and go out back and work, go to the park and work. He’s really dedicated and really wants to be at that level. I really know in my heart that he belongs.”
Jones Sr. told Rosenfeld he expects his son to make a decision after his senior season.
Jones, who plays his high school ball at Archbishop John Carroll High, is listed as the No. 33 overall recruit in the Class of 2015, according to Rivals.
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 0
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1
- Kentucky lands a commitment from four-star 2016 forward 0
- Blue Ribbon announces their preseason all-american team (3)
- Syracuse legend to undergo surgery on a brain tumor this week (2)
- Wake Forest dismissed senior point guard for rules violation (1)
- Is Louisville’s non-conference schedule weak by design? (1)
- 10 year old Ohio State fan worried heart surgery would make him love Michigan (1)