Aug 15, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
While the United States men’s national team’s scrimmage against Brazil on Saturday is the showcase event in Chicago this week, there’s also the Nike Global Challenge for basketball fans to take in. Featuring some of the top high school-aged players, the Global Challenge is an eight-team event consisting of four American squads and teams representing Brazil, Canada, China and Pan-Africa.
Games began on Wednesday, and Courtside Films put together a highlight reel of some of the opening day’s best plays. Among the players you’ll see in the video above are 2015 small forward Jaylen Brown, 2015 center Daniel Giddens (Ohio State commit; watch his defensive sequence at the 30-second mark) and 2016 shooting guard Malik Monk. Games at the Nike Global Challenge run through Saturday.
- Looking Forward: The eight most intriguing coaching hires of 2015 0
- John Calipari: ‘If you ask me if I’m ever going to platoon again, my answer is NO’ 4
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 8
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 5
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 4
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Looking Forward: Potential Breakout Stars in 2015-16 (8)
- Report: Five-star small forward Jaylen Brown cuts list to four (6)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)