Aug 15, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
While the United States men’s national team’s scrimmage against Brazil on Saturday is the showcase event in Chicago this week, there’s also the Nike Global Challenge for basketball fans to take in. Featuring some of the top high school-aged players, the Global Challenge is an eight-team event consisting of four American squads and teams representing Brazil, Canada, China and Pan-Africa.
Games began on Wednesday, and Courtside Films put together a highlight reel of some of the opening day’s best plays. Among the players you’ll see in the video above are 2015 small forward Jaylen Brown, 2015 center Daniel Giddens (Ohio State commit; watch his defensive sequence at the 30-second mark) and 2016 shooting guard Malik Monk. Games at the Nike Global Challenge run through Saturday.
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 0
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 1
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 3
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 20
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see 9
- No. 2 Arizona, Sean Miller’s quest to reach Final Four once again falls short 8
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (85)
- Kentucky’s John Calipari is the National Coach of the Year, and it’s not close (36)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (22)