Aug 15, 2014, 11:27 AM EST
While the United States men’s national team’s scrimmage against Brazil on Saturday is the showcase event in Chicago this week, there’s also the Nike Global Challenge for basketball fans to take in. Featuring some of the top high school-aged players, the Global Challenge is an eight-team event consisting of four American squads and teams representing Brazil, Canada, China and Pan-Africa.
Games began on Wednesday, and Courtside Films put together a highlight reel of some of the opening day’s best plays. Among the players you’ll see in the video above are 2015 small forward Jaylen Brown, 2015 center Daniel Giddens (Ohio State commit; watch his defensive sequence at the 30-second mark) and 2016 shooting guard Malik Monk. Games at the Nike Global Challenge run through Saturday.
- NBCSports.com Midseason All-American Team 0
- Kentucky still has one more major test to pass this season and it might not come against Louisville 0
- Tracking The Unbeatens: The showdown between Kentucky, Louisville looms 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Ohio State Buckeyes 0
- Weekly Awards: Marquette’s new addition, a shakeup in Pac-12’s power structure ? 0
- College Basketball Talk’s Top 25: Virginia moves up, three teams drop out 1
- ACC suspends Louisville junior forward Montrezl Harrell one game 0
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- No. 1 Kentucky dismantles UCLA (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Tracking The Unbeatens: There are now just nine teams without a loss (3)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (3)