Aug 15, 2014, 11:27 AM EDT
While the United States men’s national team’s scrimmage against Brazil on Saturday is the showcase event in Chicago this week, there’s also the Nike Global Challenge for basketball fans to take in. Featuring some of the top high school-aged players, the Global Challenge is an eight-team event consisting of four American squads and teams representing Brazil, Canada, China and Pan-Africa.
Games began on Wednesday, and Courtside Films put together a highlight reel of some of the opening day’s best plays. Among the players you’ll see in the video above are 2015 small forward Jaylen Brown, 2015 center Daniel Giddens (Ohio State commit; watch his defensive sequence at the 30-second mark) and 2016 shooting guard Malik Monk. Games at the Nike Global Challenge run through Saturday.
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)