Aug 15, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Alex Poythress continues to be the star for Kentucky down in the Bahamas. The junior forward went off for a game-high 20 points to go along with five rebounds, two assists and two steals in Kentucky’s 83-71 win over the Dominican Republic in Game 4 of the Big Blue Bahamas Tour. The Wildcats remain undefeated after their closest contest so far.
Karl Towns added 12 points off the bench. Dakari Johnson, the starting center in all four games, added 10 points and grabbed 12 boards.
The 12-point margin was the closest by far after Kentucky had rolled past the Puerto Rico national team reserves twice — by 25 in the first meeting and 36 in the second — and Champagne Chalons-Reims from France by 23, as well.
Kentucky continues its tour on Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m., taking on Champagne Chalons-Reims for the second time.
- Isaac Humphries is Kentucky’s insurance policy inside, but should that be concerning? 1
- Source: Isaac Humphries expected to commit to Kentucky, enroll in 2015 1
- Steady improvement turning Alize Johnson into valued Division I prospect 0
- Report: SMU’s Larry Brown up against ‘lack of coach control’ charge 1
- If the NCAA is correct, Donnie Tyndall is in big, big trouble 2
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia 3
- Saturday Las Vegas Recap: Zach Norvell goes off, Josh Jackson makes it look easy 0
- Nik Stauskas trolls Ohio State fans, claims Thad Matta didn’t know who he was (PHOTO) (6)
- United States wins bronze at Pan-Am Games (3)
- Former Memphis forward Austin Nichols transferring to Virginia (3)
- Wichita State forward working hard to improve offensive repertoire (3)
- Bruce Pearl on his time at Tennessee: ‘I ran a clean program’ (3)