Aug 15, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
Alex Poythress continues to be the star for Kentucky down in the Bahamas. The junior forward went off for a game-high 20 points to go along with five rebounds, two assists and two steals in Kentucky’s 83-71 win over the Dominican Republic in Game 4 of the Big Blue Bahamas Tour. The Wildcats remain undefeated after their closest contest so far.
Karl Towns added 12 points off the bench. Dakari Johnson, the starting center in all four games, added 10 points and grabbed 12 boards.
The 12-point margin was the closest by far after Kentucky had rolled past the Puerto Rico national team reserves twice — by 25 in the first meeting and 36 in the second — and Champagne Chalons-Reims from France by 23, as well.
Kentucky continues its tour on Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m., taking on Champagne Chalons-Reims for the second time.
- Markus Kennedy cleared to play immediately for SMU 0
- Weekend Preview: A loaded Saturday slate highlights the weekend 4
- Rebounding, foul shooting help No. 2 Duke make up for 19 turnovers in win over UConn 0
- Michigan State starting forward to miss next two games with non-displaced wrist fracture 0
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 1
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)
- Without Alex Poythress, No. 1 Kentucky’s offense looks comfortable in win over No. 21 North Carolina (4)
- Lauren Hill’s playing career over, to become honorary coach (4)