Aug 15, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Alex Poythress continues to be the star for Kentucky down in the Bahamas. The junior forward went off for a game-high 20 points to go along with five rebounds, two assists and two steals in Kentucky’s 83-71 win over the Dominican Republic in Game 4 of the Big Blue Bahamas Tour. The Wildcats remain undefeated after their closest contest so far.
Karl Towns added 12 points off the bench. Dakari Johnson, the starting center in all four games, added 10 points and grabbed 12 boards.
The 12-point margin was the closest by far after Kentucky had rolled past the Puerto Rico national team reserves twice — by 25 in the first meeting and 36 in the second — and Champagne Chalons-Reims from France by 23, as well.
Kentucky continues its tour on Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m., taking on Champagne Chalons-Reims for the second time.
- #FredHoibergWatch officially commences today, as Bulls fire Thibodeau 3
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban 37
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer 7
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 3
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- There’s only one way the NCAA gets UNC investigation wrong: a 2016 postseason ban (37)
- Four men’s teams banned from 2016 postseason due to APR scores (10)
- Academic issues expected to sideline St. John’s point guard for fall semester, maybe longer (7)
- Report: Class of 2016 four-star wing considering college among playing options for next season (5)
- Frank Kaminsky writes a farewell letter to Wisconsin fans (5)