Aug 15, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
Alex Poythress continues to be the star for Kentucky down in the Bahamas. The junior forward went off for a game-high 20 points to go along with five rebounds, two assists and two steals in Kentucky’s 83-71 win over the Dominican Republic in Game 4 of the Big Blue Bahamas Tour. The Wildcats remain undefeated after their closest contest so far.
Karl Towns added 12 points off the bench. Dakari Johnson, the starting center in all four games, added 10 points and grabbed 12 boards.
The 12-point margin was the closest by far after Kentucky had rolled past the Puerto Rico national team reserves twice — by 25 in the first meeting and 36 in the second — and Champagne Chalons-Reims from France by 23, as well.
Kentucky continues its tour on Saturday afternoon at 1 p.m., taking on Champagne Chalons-Reims for the second time.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)