Aug 16, 2014, 9:30 AM EST
On Friday, Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg became the latest college basketball coach to participate the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. With assistance from his wife, Carol, Hoiberg completed the challenge in front of his old high school in Ames.
Hoiberg isn’t the only notable player to come out of Ames High School, and on Friday, he nominated other star players from his alma mater. “The two people I’m going to call out are the second and third best players ever to play at Ames High School,” Hoiberg said referring to Harrison Banres and Doug McDermott.
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game 7
- Chase for 180: Boise State rebounds from 0-3 conference start thanks to Derrick Marks 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)