Aug 16, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
On Friday, Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg became the latest college basketball coach to participate the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. With assistance from his wife, Carol, Hoiberg completed the challenge in front of his old high school in Ames.
Hoiberg isn’t the only notable player to come out of Ames High School, and on Friday, he nominated other star players from his alma mater. “The two people I’m going to call out are the second and third best players ever to play at Ames High School,” Hoiberg said referring to Harrison Banres and Doug McDermott.
- Jalen Rose planning a book about the Fab Five 2
- Wisconsin’s Bo Ryan makes another statement wavering on potential retirement 0
- Cody Zeller, Indiana president speak out against recent athlete legal issues 0
- Five-star 2016 combo guard cuts list to four 0
- Xavier, Mount St. Joseph to launch the ‘Lauren Hill Tip-Off Classic’ 1
- Tai Wynyard: ‘I will be coming to UK in December’ 0
- Tom Izzo, 30 second shot clocks, and why zone presses will be more popular this year 1