Aug 16, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
On Friday, Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg became the latest college basketball coach to participate the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. With assistance from his wife, Carol, Hoiberg completed the challenge in front of his old high school in Ames.
Hoiberg isn’t the only notable player to come out of Ames High School, and on Friday, he nominated other star players from his alma mater. “The two people I’m going to call out are the second and third best players ever to play at Ames High School,” Hoiberg said referring to Harrison Banres and Doug McDermott.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)