Aug 16, 2014, 9:30 AM EDT
On Friday, Iowa State head coach Fred Hoiberg became the latest college basketball coach to participate the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. With assistance from his wife, Carol, Hoiberg completed the challenge in front of his old high school in Ames.
Hoiberg isn’t the only notable player to come out of Ames High School, and on Friday, he nominated other star players from his alma mater. “The two people I’m going to call out are the second and third best players ever to play at Ames High School,” Hoiberg said referring to Harrison Banres and Doug McDermott.
- Report: Yogi Ferrell to return to Indiana for senior season 1
- Texas point guard Isaiah Taylor returning for junior season 1
- EYBL Day 1: Jayson Tatum vs. Michael Porter Jr.; De’Aaron Fox, Jarred Vanderbilt go for big outings 0
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List 14
- Providence announces return of point guard Kris Dunn for 2015-16 season 0
- Five-star guard Malik Newman commits to Mississippi State 0
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 0
- Duke lands commitment from elite PG Derryck Thornton, who will reclass (18)
- 2015 College Basketball Updated Early Entry List (14)
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too Early Preseason Top 25 (9)
- Louisville adds key grad transfer Damion Lee (6)
- All-MAC guard Shannon Evans to transfer from Buffalo; is athletics director Danny White at fault? (3)