Aug 16, 2014, 6:15 PM EST
The #icebucketchallenge, which is meant to bring awareness to the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) continues to roll on, and on Saturday the University of Kentucky did its part. With former Wildcat Eric Bledsoe challenging Kentucky head coach John Calipari, the coach included his entire team in the fun while also challenging the 2012 national champion squad.
And after dumping ice-cold buckets of water on themselves, multiple players decided to warm up by running into the ocean down in the Bahamas. Kentucky moved to 5-0 on its trip to the Bahamas on Saturday with a win over Champagne Chalons-Reims, and they finish things off with a game against the Dominican Republic on Sunday.
- Coach K earns career win No. 1,000 in No. 5 Duke’s win over St. John’s 0
- Kentucky lands commitment from international Class of 2016 big man 1
- Saturday’s Snacks: No. 18 West Virginia, Georgetown win absolute thrillers 0
- No. 11 Kansas makes a statement blowing out No. 17 Texas 1
- Bracket Update: Upcoming stretch could have major impact on Duke’s NCAA seeding 2
- Sister’s illness makes for a bittersweet homecoming for Tulsa head coach Frank Haith 0
- Weekend Preview: Things are heating up in the Big 12, plus Coach K No. 1,000? 0
- No. 6 Wisconsin utterly embarrassed No. 25 Iowa for more than one reason (13)
- The Top Ten Players that Coach K has had at Duke (12)
- You think college basketball is unwatchable this year? Turn on an Indiana game (7)
- College Basketball Talk’s Latest Top 25: So where do we rank Duke? (5)
- You Make The Call: Was this a charge on TaShawn Thomas? (VIDEO) (5)