Aug 16, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The #icebucketchallenge, which is meant to bring awareness to the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) continues to roll on, and on Saturday the University of Kentucky did its part. With former Wildcat Eric Bledsoe challenging Kentucky head coach John Calipari, the coach included his entire team in the fun while also challenging the 2012 national champion squad.
And after dumping ice-cold buckets of water on themselves, multiple players decided to warm up by running into the ocean down in the Bahamas. Kentucky moved to 5-0 on its trip to the Bahamas on Saturday with a win over Champagne Chalons-Reims, and they finish things off with a game against the Dominican Republic on Sunday.
- 2014-15 Season Preview: 20 Impact Freshmen 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes 2
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 13 VCU Rams 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 14 Florida Gators 0
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) 2
- CBT’s Recruiting Roundup: Washington’s big Monday, Maryland’s insurance, Two 2016 guards off board 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 15 Oklahoma Sooners 1
- Big Ten writers release media poll, Wisconsin sits atop the league (6)
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (6)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (2)
- First Preseason Top 25 poll is out, Kentucky sits at No. 1 (2)
- Maryland senior forward suffers sprained ankle (2)