Aug 16, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The #icebucketchallenge, which is meant to bring awareness to the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) continues to roll on, and on Saturday the University of Kentucky did its part. With former Wildcat Eric Bledsoe challenging Kentucky head coach John Calipari, the coach included his entire team in the fun while also challenging the 2012 national champion squad.
And after dumping ice-cold buckets of water on themselves, multiple players decided to warm up by running into the ocean down in the Bahamas. Kentucky moved to 5-0 on its trip to the Bahamas on Saturday with a win over Champagne Chalons-Reims, and they finish things off with a game against the Dominican Republic on Sunday.
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)