Aug 16, 2014, 6:15 PM EDT
The #icebucketchallenge, which is meant to bring awareness to the fight against ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) continues to roll on, and on Saturday the University of Kentucky did its part. With former Wildcat Eric Bledsoe challenging Kentucky head coach John Calipari, the coach included his entire team in the fun while also challenging the 2012 national champion squad.
And after dumping ice-cold buckets of water on themselves, multiple players decided to warm up by running into the ocean down in the Bahamas. Kentucky moved to 5-0 on its trip to the Bahamas on Saturday with a win over Champagne Chalons-Reims, and they finish things off with a game against the Dominican Republic on Sunday.
- Maryland point guard Melo Trimble to return for sophomore season 2
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 3
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 2
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 3
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 24
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (88)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (24)
- Wisconsin vs. Kentucky: The Final Four rematch we deserved to see (22)