Aug 16, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
Just a few days after former La Lumiere coach Alan Huss officially joined the New Mexico coaching staff, a former La Lumiere player has decided to make the move to Albuquerque.
Three-star small forward Sam Logwood, formerly an Auburn signee who was released from his National Letter of Intent last month, committed to the New Mexico program Saturday evening. The former La Lumiere Prep player made his decision while on a visit to the Mountain West school, revealing the news via his Twitter with multiple media outlets confirming it shortly thereafter.
Given Logwood’s athleticism, he can help a New Mexico squad that has to account for the loss of their three best players in guard Kendall Williams, forward Cameron Bairstow and center Alex Kirk. The Lobos’ most productive returnees are guards Cullen Neal and Hugh Greenwood, with six newcomers led by junior college transfer Jordan Goodman joining the program this summer.
The question now is whether or not Logwood will be cleared academically, something that had yet to happen before he and Auburn parted ways. But if he does gain clearance, Logwood has the ability to help the Lobos immediately.
- How Jaylen Brown’s commitment made a huge impact on the finalists recruiting him 3
- UPDATED: 2015-2016 College Basketball Way-Too-Early Preseason Rankings 3
- Five-star wing Jaylen Brown commits to California 0
- With Billy Donovan headed to Oklahoma City, where does this leave Florida? 5
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique 12
- Report: Billy Donovan, Oklahoma City ‘nearing an agreement’ on coaching vacancy 2
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? 11
- 2015 College Basketball Early Entry List (14)
- Derek Anderson could not have been more wrong in his Calipari critique (12)
- How concerned should North Carolina fans be that Brandon Ingram passed on the Tar Heels? (11)
- CBT Roundtable: What rule would you change in college basketball? (11)
- Former Duke guard speaks publicly for first time since dismissal from team (5)