Aug 16, 2014, 10:28 PM EST
Just a few days after former La Lumiere coach Alan Huss officially joined the New Mexico coaching staff, a former La Lumiere player has decided to make the move to Albuquerque.
Three-star small forward Sam Logwood, formerly an Auburn signee who was released from his National Letter of Intent last month, committed to the New Mexico program Saturday evening. The former La Lumiere Prep player made his decision while on a visit to the Mountain West school, revealing the news via his Twitter with multiple media outlets confirming it shortly thereafter.
Given Logwood’s athleticism, he can help a New Mexico squad that has to account for the loss of their three best players in guard Kendall Williams, forward Cameron Bairstow and center Alex Kirk. The Lobos’ most productive returnees are guards Cullen Neal and Hugh Greenwood, with six newcomers led by junior college transfer Jordan Goodman joining the program this summer.
The question now is whether or not Logwood will be cleared academically, something that had yet to happen before he and Auburn parted ways. But if he does gain clearance, Logwood has the ability to help the Lobos immediately.
- Film Session: What’s plaguing Marcus Paige? 0
- Throwback Thursday: UConn ‘Shocks The World’ against Duke (VIDEO) 1
- New Year’s Resolutions: Virginia Cavaliers 1
- Chase for 180: So far, so good for Virginia’s Justin Anderson 0
- New Year’s Resolutions: Kansas Jayhawks 1
- Wichita State’s offensive struggles highlighted by come-from-behind win vs. Alabama 2
- Michigan State’s efficient three-point shooting is key for 2014-15 success 0
- Dana Altman says Oregon’s hands up, don’t shoot protest not ‘appropriate time’ (20)
- Gregg Marshall writes to Wichita State students after seeing empty seats in student section (PHOTO) (7)
- Report: David Robinson’s son will be preferred walk-on at Duke in 2015-16 (VIDEO) (6)
- Self says No. 10 Kansas is ‘not good right now’, and that should scare you (5)
- West Virginia’s Bob Huggins torches Marshall after coach calls Huggs ‘afraid’ (5)