Aug 16, 2014, 10:28 PM EDT
Just a few days after former La Lumiere coach Alan Huss officially joined the New Mexico coaching staff, a former La Lumiere player has decided to make the move to Albuquerque.
Three-star small forward Sam Logwood, formerly an Auburn signee who was released from his National Letter of Intent last month, committed to the New Mexico program Saturday evening. The former La Lumiere Prep player made his decision while on a visit to the Mountain West school, revealing the news via his Twitter with multiple media outlets confirming it shortly thereafter.
Given Logwood’s athleticism, he can help a New Mexico squad that has to account for the loss of their three best players in guard Kendall Williams, forward Cameron Bairstow and center Alex Kirk. The Lobos’ most productive returnees are guards Cullen Neal and Hugh Greenwood, with six newcomers led by junior college transfer Jordan Goodman joining the program this summer.
The question now is whether or not Logwood will be cleared academically, something that had yet to happen before he and Auburn parted ways. But if he does gain clearance, Logwood has the ability to help the Lobos immediately.
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 0
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 12 Wichita State 1
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)