Aug 17, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
On Sunday, Noah Dickerson became the third player in the Class of 2015 to commit to Florida. Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports first reported the news, which was followed Dickerson’s announcement via Twitter a few minutes later.
Excited to say I have committed to the University of Florida #GatorNation 🐊🐊
— Noah Dickerson (@NDickerson41) August 17, 2014
The 6-foot-8 Dickerson is a four-star prospect, rated as the No. 56 overall recruit in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. He joins four-star shooting guard KeVaughn Allen and three-star power forward Kevarrius Hayes in the Gators current recruiting class.
That class will be joined by South Florida transfer John Egbunu, who transferred to Florida back in May. The 6-foot-10 center will sit out next season, but will have three years of eligiblity remaining. He averaged 7.4 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game in his lone season with the Bulls.
Dickerson, the Monteverde Academy (Florida) product, was originally a Georgetown commit, but decided to reopen his recruitment back in late June. The Hoyas recruiting class had a verbal commitment from top 100 power forward Marcus Derrickson, and its incoming freshman class was front court heavy with the likes of Isaac Copeland, Paul White and L.J. Peak joining the program this season.
This summer in the Nike EYBL, Dickerson averaged 14.2 points, 8.4 points and 1.0 blocks per game for the Georgia Stars.
- Frank Kaminsky, Jahlil Okafor highlight five Wooden Award finalists 0
- 2015 NCAA Tournament All-Second Weekend Team 1
- While a major question remains unanswered, No. 4 North Carolina can be special in 2015-16 2
- Tournament darling R.J. Hunter is heading to the NBA 3
- Texas freshman Myles Turner declares for the NBA Draft 6
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane 23
- No. 7 Michigan State reaches the Final Four for the seventh time under Izzo 15
- Andrew Harrison’s late free throws send No. 1 Kentucky to the Final Four (86)
- Kentucky responds to Daxter Miles Jr.’s pregame comments (30)
- Updated tournament records: Big Ten teams make up half of Final Four (27)
- The Final Four is set, and it’s going to be insane (23)
- West Virginia freshman on Kentucky: ‘They’re going to be 36-1′ (21)