Aug 17, 2014, 3:43 PM EST
On Sunday, Noah Dickerson became the third player in the Class of 2015 to commit to Florida. Jeff Borzello of CBS Sports first reported the news, which was followed Dickerson’s announcement via Twitter a few minutes later.
Excited to say I have committed to the University of Florida #GatorNation 🐊🐊
— Noah Dickerson (@NDickerson41) August 17, 2014
The 6-foot-8 Dickerson is a four-star prospect, rated as the No. 56 overall recruit in the Class of 2015 by Rivals. He joins four-star shooting guard KeVaughn Allen and three-star power forward Kevarrius Hayes in the Gators current recruiting class.
That class will be joined by South Florida transfer John Egbunu, who transferred to Florida back in May. The 6-foot-10 center will sit out next season, but will have three years of eligiblity remaining. He averaged 7.4 points, 6.2 rebounds and 1.3 blocks per game in his lone season with the Bulls.
Dickerson, the Monteverde Academy (Florida) product, was originally a Georgetown commit, but decided to reopen his recruitment back in late June. The Hoyas recruiting class had a verbal commitment from top 100 power forward Marcus Derrickson, and its incoming freshman class was front court heavy with the likes of Isaac Copeland, Paul White and L.J. Peak joining the program this season.
This summer in the Nike EYBL, Dickerson averaged 14.2 points, 8.4 points and 1.0 blocks per game for the Georgia Stars.
- NCAA tournament berth the final step for St. John’s senior class 0
- Bracketology: Kentucky reigns and March arrives 5
- Weekend Preview: Saturday will be the season’s best day of games 1
- Bubble Banter: Just how safe is Michigan State, and did Ohio State punch a ticket? 2
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy 12
- Wednesday’s Snacks: No. 1 Kentucky moves to 28-0, Northwestern knocks off Indiana 0
- Duke’s defense once again an issue as they get taken to overtime by Virginia Tech 3
- Report: Former Louisville guard Chris Jones charged with rape, sodomy (12)
- Roy Williams calls out North Carolina fans following win over Georgia Tech (11)
- Bill Self crushed, Jamari Traylor targeted during Kansas State court storm (VIDEO) (11)
- Dez Wells, Melo Trimble lead No. 14 Maryland to upset of No. 5 Wisconsin (9)
- Vanderbilt head coach Kevin Stallings apologizes for postgame outburst directed at freshman guard Wade Baldwin IV (9)