Aug 17, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown and Malik Monk are two of the best prospects in America regardless of graduating class, with Brown rated among the best in the Class of 2015 and Monk having that distinction in the Class of 2016. Both participated in the Nike Global Challenge in Chicago, which wrapped up on Saturday with 2015 big man Stephen Zimmerman taking home MVP honors. Brown and Monk both supplied highlight-worthy dunks, as seen in the video above.
The question for both, especially Brown, is where they’ll play their college basketball. The Georgia native took an unofficial visit to UCLA following adidas Nations on August 5, and among the schools that have offered him are Kansas, Kentucky, Georgia and Georgia Tech. Monk, a native of Bentonville, Arkansas, has more time to make his college decision and multiple high-major programs (including Arkansas) have offered him.
Video credit: Courtside Films
- North Carolina announces receipt of Notice of Allegations from NCAA 2
- LSU’s ’25 is coming’ campaign doesn’t try to hide that they’re monetizing Ben Simmons 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the American’s offseason 1
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue 8
- Friday’s most important rule changes only matter if refs actually enforce them 2
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the SEC’s offseason 1
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason 3
- Five-star center Caleb Swanigan has committed to Purdue (8)
- Sports book lists Maryland as early favorite to win national title (8)
- John Calipari is selling his program when he says national title isn’t a goal (5)
- St. John’s lands 2015 point guard Marcus LoVett Jr. (4)
- Looking Forward: Catching up on the Big East’s offseason (3)