Aug 17, 2014, 6:28 PM EDT
Jaylen Brown and Malik Monk are two of the best prospects in America regardless of graduating class, with Brown rated among the best in the Class of 2015 and Monk having that distinction in the Class of 2016. Both participated in the Nike Global Challenge in Chicago, which wrapped up on Saturday with 2015 big man Stephen Zimmerman taking home MVP honors. Brown and Monk both supplied highlight-worthy dunks, as seen in the video above.
The question for both, especially Brown, is where they’ll play their college basketball. The Georgia native took an unofficial visit to UCLA following adidas Nations on August 5, and among the schools that have offered him are Kansas, Kentucky, Georgia and Georgia Tech. Monk, a native of Bentonville, Arkansas, has more time to make his college decision and multiple high-major programs (including Arkansas) have offered him.
Video credit: Courtside Films
- 2014-15 Southern Conference Preview: Wofford, Chattanooga favored in Davidson’s absence 0
- Manhattan’s returnees look to build on the achievements of last season’s senior class 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Rivals Iona, Manhattan have company in race to the top of the MAAC 1
- Top 25 Countdown: No. 11 Villanova Wildcats 1
- 2014-15 Season Preview: Kentucky’s loaded rotation leads nation’s best front courts 0
- Cameron Payne didn’t expect to fill Isaiah Canaan’s void at Murray State, but he did 0
- 2014-15 Season Preview: The Top 20 Perimeter Attacks 0
- UNC investigation states bogus classes pushed by academic counselors to athletes (7)
- Report: Texas plans to start paying their athletes $10,000 stipend (4)
- 2014-2015 Season Preview: College Basketball’s Top 13 Dunkers (VIDEOS) (3)
- Texas A&M lands another five-star center, has loaded 2015 recruiting class (2)
- Florida guard cleared to return to practice (2)